- 420 to 510 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get oriented to the layout of Buenos Aires & its layers of history/culture by taking this 'BA101' 7-hour private guided walking tour - the best way to see the city in 1 day, up-close & personal. Your own native English-speaking guide will show you the must-see areas of the city to make the most of your time, as well as offering suggestions & recommendations. You will be met where you're staying to be accompanied to the tour start (any travel time is added on to the tour time). Our suggested itinerary covers San Telmo, the Historic City Center, Retiro, Recoleta & the cemetery.
• 7 hour private walking tour
• Personal meeting service at your accommodation (or cruise port terminal)
• Your own personal native English-speaking, university-educated guide
• Flexible itinerary
• BuenosTours is the no.1 ranked private tour company in BA (as per TripAdvisor)
- 7 hour private walking tour just for you
- Personal meeting service at your accommodation (or cruise port terminal, or other agreed location) within the city of Buenos Aires
- Any transport needed to get to the start of the walking tour from there (usually by taxi/s with your guide, or private hired transport, but sometimes either on foot or by public transport if that makes more sense for your tour). This travel time is in addition to your tour time.
- Your own dedicated guide
- The cost of any public transport needed during your tour (e.g. local bus or subway)
- Any food or drink that you decide to consume during the tour (i.e. during the cafe / lunch break)
- Any taxis that you decide to take during or after the tour (unless, in the latter case, you have paid for the "transport back" service)
- The cost of any entrance fees during the tour (i.e. to enter a museum or other ticketed attraction). This is not a common occurrence for our tours, but if needed, such fees in Buenos Aires are usually low
- Pick-up or drop-off at EZE or AEP airports (although these can sometimes be arranged in coordination with your tour, if there is availability, at extra cost)
- Gratuities (which are voluntary and completely up to you)
We will pick you up at your Hotel or Apartment/AirBnB within the city of Buenos Aires.
If you are on a cruise ship then we can pick you up from the Cruise Port Terminal.
If you prefer (or if you are staying outside the city of Buenos Aires, or just transiting through the city for the day), we can arrange to meet you at the walking tour start point, which is usually in the neighborhood of San Telmo. You would need to contact us directly after booking to arrange this.
With our suggested full day tour itinerary, this tour usually ends in the neighborhood of Recoleta, near the cemetery. However sometimes with later tour starts we will end the tour in the neighborhood of Retiro (in or near Plaza San Martin).
At the end of the tour your guide will be happy to help flag you down a taxi and tell the driver where to take you to get back to your accommodation or wherever you wish to go. Unless of course you select the "transport back" option, in which case your guide or a driver will accompany you back to your accommodation.
We'll meet you at your city accommodation or the cruise port to accompany you to the tour start point by private transport or on foot, with the travel time being in addition to the touring time. When taking our suggested 'BA101' itinerary you would visit the following places:
• San Telmo, the atmospheric home of tango, immigrant history, antiques and old cobblestone streets, centered around Plaza Dorrego.
• The historical city center (Monserrat), full of beautiful churches, Plaza de Mayo, the Pink House (Casa Rosada), the Evita Balcony, the City Cathedral, Avenida de Mayo, and many more important landmarks.
• A break at the oldest & most beautiful cafe in Buenos Aires, Cafe Tortoni, the cafe in a city of cafes, founded way back in 1858.
• The heart of the barrio of Retiro – Plaza San Martin, a leafy park surrounded by beautiful architecture and filled with monuments.
• The "widest avenue in the world", Avenida 9 de Julio, home to the famous Buenos Aires Obelisk.
• Lunch at a traditional Argentine restaurant with your guide – a place where locals eat, with a choice of dishes to cover all tastes.
• Recoleta, the most prestigious traditional neighborhood, full of grand old mansions and high class establishments, where we’ll stroll along the elegant and upscale Avenida Alvear and into Plaza Francia, the heart of Recoleta.
• Finally, the highlight for many: Recoleta Cemetery, the last resting place of Eva Peron and many other rich & famous Argentines, plus the highest concentration of stunning architecture in the whole city.
At the end of the tour your guide will flag a taxi for you, or you can pre-arrange private/accompanied transport back to your accommodation during the booking process.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What you'll need:
- Good shoes for walking! (Don't worry about the distance, we won't walk too far and as it's a private tour we'll go at your pace)
- Some cash (pesos or USD) for any cafe or lunch stops, and a credit/debit card just in case you need more money for anything during the day
- For most of the year you should consider sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat etc
- If rain looks possible, dress appropriately and ask your hotel to borrow an umbrella (or if not possible, ask your guide directly by calling in advance, regarding bringing spare umbrellas)
- Consider bringing a camera or cell phone to take photos, don't worry about safety as long as you can store it as you walk and remain aware of your belongings
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.