- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join Florencia in her Buenos Aires apartment for a traditional Argentinian pastry cooking lesson in which you will learn to cook something savory as well as something sweet. Begin your experience with a small picada (a traditional Argentinian meat and cheese platter) and welcome drink. Then you will start making your empanadas, starting with making the dough and preparing one filling from scratch. Your filling might be traditional ground beef with spices and onions, caprese (tomato, basil and mozzarella), or humita (a northern Argentinian filling with corn and a béchamel-like sauce). While the empanadas are cooking, begin to make your pastry dish.
You will learn to make two or more traditional Argentinian pastries such alfajores or membricho tart, before sitting down to enjoy your sweet and savory creations together - such a great way to connect with a local!
- Private cooking class with your host Florencia
- Homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Please meet your host Flor at her home.
Florencia, who grew up in the area of La Plata about 40-minutes south of Buenos Aires, started cooking when she was very young. The child of a large family of six children, cooking was a part of growing up and she remembers helping in the kitchen at the age of four. Florencia's grandmother in particular absolutely loved cooking, so every weekend when she joined her grandmother for family meals she would help her in the kitchen.
Florencia liked cooking so much that a few years ago she decided she wanted to do it more professionally and began studying to be a pastry chef. She says, “It was a struggle to leave aside my other studies, but my grandma was a great inspiration. I just love food. When you cook you put so much of yourself, and so much love, into the food. It is such a beautiful bonding experience to be able to give to someone.”
After finishing her pastry and advanced pastry degrees, Florencia recently left her job at the embassy to follow her passion for food and now creates pastries and cakes full-time for weddings and other events.
Please note: Florencia is happy to accommodate gluten-free guests.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and gluten-free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.