- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Sail, Hike and Explore Lago del Desierto and Vespignani Gacier. Experience El Chalten's nature with your professional guide in a small group. Box lunch and snacks are included on this full day tour along with hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Please send a picture of your Child/infant passport In order to confirm the discounted price.
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotels in El Chalten is included. Pickup for this tour commences at 8.00am (morning tour) or at 12pm (afternoon tour) and the pick up has a tolerance of 20 minutes.
If your hotel is NOT listed, please provide your hotel name when booking in the 'special requirements' box.
If you are staying at an Airbnb please let us know your Airbnb address and we'll advise a meeting point for pickup. Travelers staying at Airbnbs MUST give their personal phone number so that we can reach them if needed.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
This exciting experience combines hiking, sailing, stunning views, and truly unforgettable sites. The adventure starts with a 22-mile (36-km) bus ride through a beautiful panoramic path between forests and bordering the Río de las Vueltas, until you reach the stunning Lago del Desierto. Once you arrive in Punta Sur sail for about 30 minutes spotting the Huemul and Crestón glaciers, to the Vespignani glacier sector, located in the middle of the lake.
Under the supervision of a safety expert, discover Vespignani Glacier with differents trekkings options: you will be able to choose between three well-marked trails. Each differs in terms of duration and difficulty. The more demanding trail takes roughly 45 minutes to complete, reaching an altitude of nearly 500 feet (150 mts) and overlooking the north face of Mount Fitz Roy. The second option is an intermediate trail that takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and leads to sweeping views of the region. Finally, there is an easy trail that winds through the wooded area to the coastal reserve.
Afterwards, enjoy a farewell snack before boarding the boat and sailing back to Punta Sur. There, a bus will take you back to El Chaltén.
• Cerro Fitz Roy, El Chalten Argentina
• Lago del Desierto, Argentina
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.