- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A daily trekking to a simple summit to reach, crossing the tall forest. The reward is extensive 360 ° views of the Andes mountain range.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Box Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Challhuaco
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro Challhuaco, San Carlos de Bariloche, Province of Rio Negro, Patagonia
The day starts when we meet you at the hotel. Once the group is ready, we drive 20 km to the Challhua-co valley.
This valley is the only habitat in the world of the frog of Challhuaco, a strict endemic species, and for this reason, a National Reserve.
After driving for 40 minutes, we get to the valley. The guide briefs us on the activity, gives out our lunch bags and off we go. It is an easy trek, with no technical difficulties. You just need to be fit and feel like walking.
At the beginning, the trail winds through a forest of lenga (low deciduous beech). We climb through the woods up to an altitude of around 1,600 meters above sea level.
At that point, you enter an area known as “upland steppe”, an environment with small-sized plants that are adapted to the extreme soil conditions. Some of them bear edible fruits in the summer. The chaura, for instance, is smaller than a cherry and its taste is similar to an apple.
As you go up, the panoramic view widens. The trek to the summit takes approximately three hours.
The summit is the exact spot where we enjoy our lunch and take a rest before going down. The return is dynamic and faster and the trail passes by Laguna Verde.
Once back in the valley, we drive back to the city.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.