- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore natural features and Argentine wine on a day trip from Salta to Cafayate via the Lerma Valley. You'll see the carved rock formations of Quebrada de las Conchas and visit a winery in Cafayate for an included wine tasting.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Mercado Artesanal Cafayate
- Lunch (please bring your own sack lunch)
- Additional food and drinks
Salta, Salta Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not in the list, please, add it at the time of booking.
If your hotel is outside the pick up area, we will confirm the pick up from a central meeting point.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Daily, all year long
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol, Salta Argentina
Pick-up from hotels of Salta.
Stop At: Valle de Lerma, Region Saltena, Salta Argentina
Your day trip starts in the early morning as you leave Salta and head through the Lerma Valley, passing by historical towns along the way.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Quebrada del Rio de las Conchas, Ruta Nacional 68, Cafayate Argentina
Stop at Quebrada de las Conchas (the Shell's Gorge), where natural erosion over many years has carved out curious shapes in the rocks, including named rock features like the Amphitheater, Devil's Throat, the Toad, and the Castles.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waterfall Garganta Del Diablo, Tilcara Argentina
The throat of the Devil, Quebrada de las Conchas.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Artesanal Cafayate, Avenida Martin Guemes sur 81, Cafayate A4427AQA Argentina
When you arrive in the small town of Cafayate, known for its wine production, take in the views of vineyards and mountains that create a majestic backdrop. Visit a local winery for a tasting and to learn about the production of torrontes, an Argentine white wine with distinctive peach and apricot aromas.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Salta Cabildo, Calle Caseros 541, Salta A4400DMK Argentina
Your day trip ends when you return to Salta in the evening.
Duration: 3 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Very bendy and bumpy road
520 Km covered same route there and back
Good sites, vineyard visit short and wine tasted not great
Not that much really to see in Cafayate
All in all not that memorable ...