- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the UNESCO-listed landscapes of the Quebrada de Humahuaca on this 5-hour mountain bike tour from Tilcara. Follow your guide on a scenic 12-mile (20km) route beneath the dramatic multicoloured hills, marvel at the views over Juella’s Gorge, and visit the archeological sites of Cerro Amarillo and the Pucara of Juella. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport By Air-Conditioned Coach
- Bike Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tilcara, Jujuy, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not in the list, please, add it at the time of booking.
If your hotel is outside the pick up area, we will confirm the pick up from a central meeting point.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Daily, all year long
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pucara de Juella, Juella, localidad a 8 Km de Tilcara, Tilcara Argentina
Begin your tour at 8am with pickup from your Tilcara hotel. On arrival in Juella, listen to your guide's safety briefing and enjoy time to familiarise yourself with your mountain bike before heading out.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Quebrada de Humahuaca, Rio Grande Purmamarca Village, Humahuaca Argentina
Set out on a 4-hour, 12-mile (20km) circuit, cycling along the dirt roads of the Quebrada de Humahuaca, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Along the way, learn more about the unique landscapes that make up the Province of Jujuy, admire the striking colors of the hills, and spot native wildlife such as llamas, foxes, condors and eagles.
After around 10km, hop off to visit the Pucara of Juella, an archaeological site that dates back more than 1,000 years, where you can stroll around the ancient ruins and marvel at the fossils of the Cerro Amarillo. Before turning back towards the starting point, pause to take in the spectacular views over the Quebrada de Juella (Juella’s Gorge).
At the end of the bike tour, you will be transferred back to Tilcara, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 1pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Easy level tour: suitable for participants of reasonable fitness
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.