- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Book a half day private fishing trip, Fly fishing or Spinning, accompanied by our expert and best local guides who will take you for a floating trip on the Limay River. This excursion takes two fishermen by Cata-Rafts, specifically designed boats for fast-flowing mountain rivers, perfect for fishing where motor boats can`t get access. We will float for about 12 km (7 miles) on the Limay River during a half-day trip, fishing from the boat while drifting and also stopping often to wade and fish from the banks in the best spots.
At the end of the excursion, our assistant will meet us on the downriver with trucks and trailers to take everyone back to their lodgings.
We provide all fishing tackle and gear (including rods, reels, lines, flies, waders, shoes, etc.). No fishing experience is required in order to enjoy our customized trips!
IMPORTANT: When making the booking, please specify what type of fishing you wish to do.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Bariloche
- Transport by private vehicle
- All Needed Equipment
- Entrance fees to the National Park
- Fishing Licence: easy to acquire at the local airport or in the city, on the way to the fishing zone
Traveler pickup is offered
This is not an exhaustive list, please indicate your hotel address so we can arrange your pick-up.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Centrally located Bariloche hotels
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Limay River, Neuquen Argentina
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel/accommodation in Bariloche and you will head towards the Limay River. This is the most important river in the National Park, big water flowing out of the huge Nahuel Huapi from its eastern end about 17 km (11 miles) from the city, winding through dry, rocky mesas spotted with pine forests and offering wonderful scenery and great weather. Populated with mostly rainbow and brown trout, and some Patagonian perch, it offers countless opportunities for fishermen.
From November through March the dry fly possibilities abound, and during the last month of the season, in April, the amazing big trout migrate to the river from the lake. There are five different sections on the river to choose from, each about 10 miles long. The extremely clear water, beautiful scenery, and great fishing make this floating trip something truly unforgettable.
Always accompanied by your guide, you will also learn the history of the Bariloche's region and the best fishing options as well as the local fauna.
After spending the morning or afternoon drifting and fishing, you will join shore, where our assistants will be waiting for you in order for you to take you back to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING? Comfortable Shoes And Clothes, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Cap.
- FISHING SEASON: The fishing season starts on November 1st and ends on May 1st every year, all around the National Park. However, for off season fishing, lakes Nahuel Huapi, Gutiérrez and Mascardi are open during May and October, and Moreno lake is open the whole year round for all the fishing modalities.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is maximum of 2 people per booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.