- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This half-day excursion offers the possibility of experiencing the most fun snow adventures we can find in Ushuaia. In the morning, we will take an interpretive walk with snowshoes on, then, feel the adrenaline rush of snowmobiling through the fuegian forest, and finally, travel guided by sled dogs.
The excursion includes transfers and lunch at a mountain refuge.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Walk With Snowshoes
- Entry/Admission - Castor Plains Rest
Ushuaia, Ushuaia, Province of Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not in the list, please, add it at the time of booking.
If your hotel is outside the pick up area, we will confirm the pick up from a central meeting point.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Around 10.30 am, you will be picked up at your hotel to travel approximately half an hour to Llanos del Castor. We will be waiting for you with a warm beverage and a traditional snack which you can enjoy while the guides give you a short briefing about how the day is going to develop.
This tour consists in three different adventures:
- Dog sledding: an amazing experience in which the trained "mushers" will take you inside the snowy forest and to the valley of Tierra del Fuego for you to enjoy the view, while commenting on this millenial activity.
- Snowmobile or 4x4 UTV drive: here you will have the choice to select in which you would prefer to drive. Whatever is the case, if you are over 18, you can drive one of them or one of the specialized guides can drive you around the paths of the forest.
- Snowshoe walk: a simple, yet beautiful walk around the valley. A great way to dive into the beauty of the landscape that surrounds us. A trained guide will take you to walk on the frozen peat bog, to see the beaver dams and to appreciate the forest and mountains. The walk is on a considerably flat terrain so people of all ages can join an enjoy it.
Once you completed all three activities, we will be waiting for you inside of the warm restaurant to enjoy one of the traditional meals: Chicken cooked on the disk or Trout with a side of risotto, finishing with a dessert or a coffee. Drinks such as water, soft drinks or wine are included.
Once the lunch and this unique experience are over, we will take you back to your hotel arriving around 02 pm.
Difficulty: Moderated. To participate, the passengers have to be in good health, to like dogs and to have team spirit.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Castor Plains Rest, RN3, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wear appropriate snow clothing
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.