- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
TREKKING details & inclusions:
• Transfer to Harbor + Sailing the Northern Arm of the Argentino Lake (Icebergs watching and panoramic view of the Upsala Glacier) +
• 4x4 vehicle ride to Upsala Glacier Viewpoint
• 14-km trekking descending through the Cañadón de los Fósiles(approximately 4:30hsKEY CONSIDERATIONS
• Minimum age: 12 years old.
• This trekking is only suitable for individuals with a good physical condition.
• This is not recommended for people with vertebral column, hips, ankles and knees problems.
• It is essential to have trekking shoes, preferably boots with ankle protection.
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Estancia Cristina
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up time may vary depending on the hotel location. Any doubt contact our emergency
whatsapp: +54 9 2902 504180.
It is mandatory to inform your Hotel in order to properly coordinate the transfers.
To your Hotel in El Calafate
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estancia Cristina, Avenida Del Libertador 1037, El Calafate Z9405AHI Argentina
Having set sail from Punta Bandera harbor at 9AM, we will glide over the waters of Lake Argentino’s Northern Arm to reach the furthest possible point of navigation in the Upsala Channel, where we can enjoy a panoramic view of the Upsala Glacier’s immense front. Then, having disembarked at the shores close to Estancia Cristina, the group is welcomed by our specialized driver-guides who will help them into their 4x4 vehicles, ready to head off into the wilderness. Our sturdy 4WDs will then venture up into the Feruglio Mountains, a 9.5km ride which offers great views of our surroundings and takes us ultimately to an elevated area where the cars will be parked. Once there, we’ll begin a 20-minute trek over terrain characterized by glacial erosion, until reaching the Upsala Glacier Lookout; an exclusive point for visitors to appreciate this glacier that can only be accessed from Estancia Cristina. There will be plenty of time here to enjoy views of Lake Guillermo and the eastern side of the Upsala Glacier, as well as the Southern Patagonian Ice Field, before beginning the 14km trek through Fossil Canyon. The fascinating Cañadón de los Fósiles, which is around 170 million years old, has been named so for its immense concentration of marine fossils. We can observe a kaleidoscope of colors across this terrain, the canyon’s walls rising beside us as we make a gradual descent until reaching a ravine at the edge of the
valley. Along the way, we’ll stop and tuck into our box lunches, before leaving the canyon behind having explored it fully, then arriving back at the estancia and later onward to the port.
Estancia Cristina offers an optional box lunch, please request it in advance. Please also let us know of any dietary requirements in advance.
Duration: 6 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- May be operated by a bilingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.