- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
TREKKING details & inclusions:
• Transfer to Harbor + Sailing the Northern Arm of the Argentino Lake (Icebergs watching and panoramic view of the Upsala Glacier) +
• 4x4 vehicle ride to Upsala Glacier Viewpoint
• 14-km trekking descending through the Cañadón de los Fósiles(approximately 4:30hsKEY CONSIDERATIONS
• Minimum age: 12 years old.
• This trekking is only suitable for individuals with a good physical condition.
• This is not recommended for people with vertebral column, hips, ankles and knees problems.
• It is essential to have trekking shoes, preferably boots with ankle protection.
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Food and drinks
From your Hotel in El Calafate
To your Hotel in El Calafate
Departing at 8:30hs, from Puerto Punta Banderas, we sail sail the Northern Arm of Lake Argentino to arrive at the allowable navigation limit in the Upsala Channel and then enter the Cristina arm. After disembarking in Estancia Cristina we will ascend along the Feruglio mountain chain, the 9.5-km ride which will lead us up to where the vehicle will be parked. Once there, we begin a trekking up to theViewpoint of the Upsala Glacier, enjoying views of Lake Guillermo and the Eastern front wall of the Upsala Glacier and the Southern Patagonian Ice Field. From here, we will begin the 14-km trekking into the Cañadón de los Fósiles (fossils concentration of unique characteristics; traces of the latest marine ingression which are left exposed after the glacial action). During the trek we have the box lunch (not included in the tour) and then we will reach the valley surrounding the Estancia. Later on we will head towards the boarding shore.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- May be operated by a bilingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.