- 4 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Throughout the years this hike has become one of the most popular hikes. This trekking consists in a five day hike around The Huemul Mountain. Its particular components involve different types of terrains, climbs, flora, and fauna allowing us, in only a few days, to get to know a remote places, including an amazing view of the Southern Ice Field.
This Circuit involves semi technical terrains, such us snow, glaciers and moraines. With a 60km length, this circuit has from 800 to 1600 mts elevations. Entering from Rio Túnel Valley up to Paso del Viento, by The Viedma Glacier up and out through Paso Huemul.
- Mountain Guide.
- 1 Assistant every 3 people.
- Equipment for river crossing.
- 4 season Tents (Mountain Hardwear) and cooking set. v Meals during the trip.
- VHF Radio.
- First Aid Kit.
- Personal Accident insurance.
- Transfer from Bahía túnel to El Chaltén.
- Bus from and to El Calafate.
- Personal Equipment (boots, backpack, sleeping bag, etc). You can rent this equipment. Let us know if you need any of these items. You get a 30% discount by hiring our services.
- Additional Porters.
- Non specified in this program.
Patagonia Hikes. Meeting with the guide is the day before, please contact us to arrange meeting.
DAY 1: El CHALTEN –TORO CAMP
Meeting with the Guide in the morning; debrief about the details of the program and check
of the gear. We ́ll start the trek at noon from El Chalten, and hike towards Laguna (lagoon) Toro, passing by the Pliegue Tumbado.
Box Lunch and dinner.
Duration: 6 hs
Elevation: 700 mts.
DAY 2: TORO CAMP –PASO DEL VIENTO HUT
After breakfast, and a 30-40 minutes of hiking, we will cross the Rio (river) Tunel, either by wading through the river or using a fixed cable and harnesses, this will depend on both, the conditions and the guides decision. We will continue the ascent towards Paso del Viento. The main part of the ascent is on trails, moraines and the Túnel Glacier. From here we will appreciate a part of the Patagonian Ice Field, the nascent of Glaciar Viedma, and Cerro Mariano Moreno amongst others. We finish our hike on the south direction up to the Paso del Viento Hut, where we spend the night. All meals.
Duration: 6-7 hs
Elevation: 900 mts en ascent. 400 mts en descent.
DAY 3: PASO DEL VIENTO HUT–VIEDMA GLACIER–PASO DEL VIENTO HUT.
We will wake up on this quite place, have breakfast, leave our things on the hut or camp, prepare our crampons and with a light backpack, we will head the Glacier through a moraine up west. Ones we are ready to return we will head back to the hut and spend the night.
Duration: around 5hs
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- WEATHER IN PATAGONIA It ́s important to take into account that the weather in El Chalten is very unstable. This expedition counts with two extra days to improve the odds of success. Waiting, continuing, or suspending decision will be on our Mountain Guide criteria.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.