- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Departure: 8:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. approx.
Duration: 4 hours approx.
Includes: transfers, guided visit through the farm and lunch.
Recommendations: light clothes, hiking shoes, camera, binoculars, sun lotion, insect repellent and rain coat.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Tour usually starts at 10am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Don Juan started this project with the vision of creating a viable organic, educational farm some years ago. Today he and his family are very pleased with what they have been able to achieve up to this point. They employ several agricultural techniques to improve the level of fertility in the soil and avoid erosion, with the goal of being economically sustainable. As soon as you arrive, Don Juan will welcome you and will show you around the farm talking about the different types of crops and tropical fruits you’ve might never have seen in a supermarket, about their health benefits, industrial uses and he will even share some delicious recipes. There is also a “trapiche” (a sugar mill) so you will see how to extract the juice from the sugar cane and taste this sweet fresh drink. After this nice visit, you will be treated to the healthiest, organic and delicious meal prepared by Don Juan’s wife.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.