- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the ins and outs of the Perito Moreno Glacier, an adventurers dream!
Enjoy more and more activities that let you get close to the Perito Moreno Glacier. With the Big Ice excursion, guests will have the opportunity to get deep into this fantastic ice mass. This is an alternative only suitable for the most adventurous and, obviously, for those who are physically fit, as it requires a long ice trek through several rocky areas, as well as the use of harnesses.
- Hotel pick up and drop-off from hotels in El Calafate
- Harnesses and Crampons
- An expert English/Spanish speaking Guide
- Entrance fee to the National Park
Traveler pickup is offered
centrally located hotels in Calafate
This excursion leaves from Bajo de las Sombras Port (Under the Shadows) early in the morning to board a craft that crosses the Rico Arm of Lake Argentino.
After sailing for 15 minutes you will reach the shore where you will disembark and meet the mountain guides who will escort the group towards the place where the crampons (special metal spikes worn on boots for traction) are selected.
Then a hike begins to approach the glacier from the southern moraine until a spectacular vantage point is reached, an entrance gate to heaven. This is where the true adventure begins. Having fastened your crampons and put on your harnesses, adventurers will begin to explore the glacier from a different perspective. Here you will discover blue lagoons, deep and alarming cracks, huge drains and caves. Dimensions become almost unreal as you find yourself inside the core of the Perito Moreno, one of the most fascinating glaciers in the world.
Along with expert guides who explain the characteristics of the ice and its surroundings, the inside of the glacier is toured for over 4 hours. A picnic is organized on the ice and visitors will have the chance to sit down and recover their energy. The surrealist scenery is astonishing.
After this experience, you will not look at the Perito Moreno Glacier from the same point of view again.
This tour includes pick-up and drop-off from downtown hotels. Only suitable for people between 18 and 50 years of age and who possess acceptable physical condition.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there are some hotels in the city that are not included in our pickup routes. If your hotel is not included, we will contact you to inform you of the closest pick up location. We ask that you to wait for the guide at the lobby of the indicated hotel
- Only suitable for people between 18 and 50 years of age and who possess acceptable physical condition
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- IMPORTANT: full passport details of all passengers are required in function to reconfrim this booking: Full Names, passport numbers, date of birth, nationality
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
My tour was overbooked and canceled last minute the night before, although they were able to get me rescheduled on the smaller/shorter trek for the same day.
The trekking itself was an eye opening experience and tons of fun. Our guides were pretty laid back, and so we were given the freedom to walk around as long as we were within their sights / still in the same general area. The tour dates sell out well in advance though, so call in and ask.