- 13 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Our day starts at 7:45am as we depart from El Calafate and head along the famous Route 40. This iconic highway goes along the Argentino Lake up to the La Leona River. Passing the 'Cañadón La Leona' we will arrive to the ancient route hotel "La Leona". It is here where you will be able to have a break for coffee and cakes. Once the break is over we will continue along the Lake Viedma, from here we can take in the magical views of glaciers,
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Round-trip transportation from El Calafate
- English/Spanish speaking professional tour guide
- Visit of El Chaltén Interpretation Centre
- Self guide tour to the valley of the De las Vueltas River and the Lake of the Desert
- Optional self guided hike to Lake and Glacier Huemul
- Lunch box
- Coffee at La Leona
Traveler pickup is offered
Our day starts early in the morning depart from El Calafate and head along the famous Route 40. This iconic highway goes along the Argentino Lake up to the La Leona River. Passing the 'Cañadón La Leona' we will arrive to the ancient route hotel "La Leona". Here where you will be able to have a break for coffee and cakes.
Once the break is over we will continue along the Lake Viedma where we can take in the magical views of glaciers, hidden lakes and the glory that is Mount Fitz Roy.
After several photos stops we will arrive to Andean village El Chaltén, also known as the 'The Capital of the Trekking'. As soon as we arrive we will briefly visit the Village.
Here the group will be divided according to their chosen option at our base, The Pudu Lodge.
We combine a 1-hour trek with a 4x4 trip across the valley of De las Vueltas River. Enjoy a wide panoramic view of the Andes range. The course of De Las Vueltas River is often one of the preferred route for condors in their low flight East-West. If you are lucky you will be able to see them closely.
From here we will visit the cascades of De Las Vueltas River and the Lake of the Desert, hidden among lush forests amid a paradise of ancient trees, glaciers and streams. After which we will trek to the Huemul Lagoon and Glacier (optional) perched on the slopes of Mount Vespignani. The path starts at Lake of the Desert and goes up the left hand side of a stream that is coming down from Huemul Lagoon. It takes about 45 minutes to climb the 2km to the lagoon. On the way we will get some great views of the valley below and Mount Fitz Roy.
At around 5:30pm we will return with the rest of the group to the base to enjoy a delicious hot chocolate at Pudu Lodge.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there are some hotels in the city that are not included in our pickup routes. If your hotel is not included, we will contact you to inform you of the closest pick up location. We ask that you wait for the guide in the lobby of the hotel indicated
- Passengers must have appropriate clothing for outdoor activities and trekking
- Minimum age is 13 years
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.