- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the awe and majesty of Argentina’s Lanín volcano on this full-day guided hiking tour, departing from San Martin de los Andes. An experienced guide leads you up this geologic wonder and informs you about the volcanic region along the ascent. At the top, you’re rewarded with unrivaled views of other mountains, valleys and volcanoes in the Neuquén province that extend for miles across the horizon. Nature and adventure buffs won’t want to miss this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- National park entrance fee (USD $80)
Departs from San Martin de los Andes hotels
Returns to original departure point
Explore the town of Junín de los Andes on a full-day tour from San Martín de los Andes. Take a guided walking tour of the quaint settlement at the foot of the Andes Mountains and then go to glacial Huechulafquen Lake before visiting Lanin volcano.
Depart San Martín de los Andes and take a 42-kilometer journey to the Andean town of Junín de los Andes on northwest Patagonia's trout-filled Chimehuín River. On arrival, take a guided walking tour to discover the colorful church of Nuestra Señora de las Nieves (Our Lady of the Snow) and admire its avant-garde mix of Creole and Mapuche influences.
Depart Junín de los Andes and head to Huechulafquen Lake, with the imposing Lanin volcano in the background. Stop for a walk along the beaches of the glacial lake and arrive at the Chimehuín River, internationally renowned for its trout fishing.
Next, discover the wonders of Lanin National Park, including the magical forests of Araucaria (monkey-puzzle) trees. This tree species shared the earth with the dinosaurs and, in several cases, their longevity is said to be thousands of years. End with the opportunity to try some grilled meats and a variety of salads (own expense).
• Paseo Costanera Junin de los Andes, Av. Costanera Bordea el Rio Chimehuin, Junin de los Andes 8371 Argentina
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- You must bring your own lunch
- During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes and bring a jacket or sweater
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.