- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the awe and majesty of Argentina’s Lanín volcano on this full-day guided hiking tour, departing from San Martin de los Andes. An experienced guide leads you up this geologic wonder and informs you about the volcanic region along the ascent. At the top, you’re rewarded with unrivaled views of other mountains, valleys and volcanoes in the Neuquén province that extend for miles across the horizon. Nature and adventure buffs won’t want to miss this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch in Mapuche restaurant
- National park entrance fee (USD $80)
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not in the list, please, add it at the time of booking.
If your hotel is outside the pick up area, we will confirm the pick up from a central meeting point.
Returns to original departure point
We depart from San Martin de los Andes in the morning, taking the 40th Route up to Junin de los Andes. Once there, we’ll visit some craftsman workplaces, mapuche shops and a church that has been reformed in an araucanian style, where the Snow virgin is worshipped.
Then we take the 61th route, which borders the Chimehuin River and will take us to the Huechulafquen Lake and to the impressive view of the Lanin Volcano of 3776 msnm. Around noon, we’ll arrive to a restaurant of the mapuche community for those who want to have lunch.
After that, we continue the tour until we get a view of the whole north margin of the Huechulafquen and Paimún lakes, with spectacular lookouts towards the mountain range, where we’ll find an unforgettable view of the Lanin volcano and its eternal glaciers.
Winter: from 10 to 18:30 hs
Summer: from 9 to 18:30 hs
• Paseo Costanera Junin de los Andes, Av. Costanera Bordea el Rio Chimehuin, Junin de los Andes 8371 Argentina
• Volcan Lanin, Junin de los Andes Argentina
• Rio Chimehuin, Costenera s/n, Junin de los Andes 8371 Argentina
• Lagos Huechulafquen, Ruta Provincial 61 Zona llamada La Unión, Junin de los Andes Argentina
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes.
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.