- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Don't miss the opportunity to visit Palacio Barolo in Buenos Aires which pays tribute to The Divine Comedy written by Dante Alighieri. It was built mingling the neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic appearance followed by the dome, with its original Hindu design, which belongs to the region of Bhubaneshwar. The guided tour of the building lasts 90 minutes. Transfers from a to your hotel in Buenos Aires are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Professional guide
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Round-trip private transfer from your hotel in Buenos Aires
- Entry/Admission - Palacio Barolo
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
The Palacio Barolo is a landmark office building in the Monserrat neighborhood that hides a number of curiosities.
The building was designed by the Italian architect Mario Palanti for the businessman Luigi Barolo, with several curious architectural references to classical poet Dante Alighieri´s Divine Comedy. Palenti also incorporated Indian influences into his design.
Inaugurated in 1923, the building was the tallest in South America until the construction of the Kavanagh building in 1935. It was the first reinforced concrete building measuring more than 100m and it is topped by a lighthouse.
The palace features a unique architectural style with a mixture of Romanesque, Gothic with a dome of a unique Indian style from Bhubaneshwar region representing the tantric union between Dante and Beatrice, the protagonists of the Divine Comedy.
You can choose to visit the building during the day or night:
In both tours, the guide starts telling us about the history and allegories that relate the Palace with to the Divine Comedy. Reach the lighthouse and from its dome watch the City of Buenos Aires. After enjoying a magnificent view, an office decorated in the 20s is shown. This tour will have an approximate duration of 90 minutes.
During the night tours, you will have the opportunity to have an unique view of the city fully illuminated.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport or ID is required on the day of travel
- During the tours visitors will have to take stairs and go through tight spaces which can generate difficulties in the event of reduced mobility
- Tours are bilingual, guided in English and Spanish at the same time
- Pick up time will be 45-minutes before the time of the visit.
- After you arrive at the Palacio Barolo, meet your guide at the old kiosk located inside the gallery on the ground floor
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.