- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
See stunning views from the top of Cerro Colorado, an extinct volcano in the Neuquen province of Argentina, on this full-day guided trekking tour. After hotel pickup in San Martin de los Andes, an experienced guide takes you on a moderate hike up the 5,833-foot (1,778-meter) mountain, showing you local plants and geological formations along the ascent. When you reach the summit, you’ll enjoy some of the best views of the region. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide (member of Argentine Association Of Mountain Guides)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Medical-Pharmaceutical and Rescue Coverage Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Afternoon Snacks
- National Park Fee
Av. San Martín 437, Q8370 San Martin de los Andes, Neuquén, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from centrally located San Martin de los Andes hotels. If your hotel is outside the meeting point, we will meet you at the starting point.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Martín De Los Andes, Q8370 San Martín de los Andes, Neuquen, Argentina
Start the tour with the pick up from your hotel or from the central meeting point.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cerro Colorado, San Martin de los Andes Argentina
Having started walking , cross the pampa that will bring us to the same base. Bordering a stream will start entering into a gigantic forest of beech trees that reach 30 meters. high and reedy Colihues internaremos us increasingly in a canyon that proposes a not very demanding but constant ascent.
As we go up the vegetation becomes increasingly stunted and allow us to get a better view of the entire Lacar Watershed until it becomes bushes. We cross a lot of natural viewpoints of rock and reach the pre-summit, where we begin to see a floor that will become redder until the embroidered. The texture of each rock is very similar to pumice and this is because they will be arriving at the old volcanic cone with its different eruptions, solidified lava bath summit entire sector.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lago Lacar, San Martin de los Andes Q8370 Argentina
Enjoy the view of this crystal-clear lake from the top of the Colorado Hill
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volcan Lanin, Junin de los Andes Argentina
The summit is the epicenter of the area, as it offers have a clear view of 360 degrees.
Lake Lacar, the mountain range of Chapelco, Cerro Abanico, the mountain range in its entirety, Cerro Sabana, Mallo, Lago and Cerro Lolog, Lanín Volcano and countless other points of reference.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lago Lolog, San Martin de los Andes Argentina
the ascent will take on average about 3 hours and a couple more for the return to the base. At this time we can add the stops for photos, moisturize and the full enjoyment that will give us a unique summit.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes, waterproof boots and snow gloves.
- You must bring your own lunch
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.