- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Let a chairlift do the hard work for you and then fly down Mt Huyliche on this guided mountain bike tour from El Calafate. Starting from the Calafate Balcony steppes, your 8-mile (13-km) descent lasts three hours with stops for nourishing snacks and explanations of what you see along the way. When you’re not pedaling off to remote corners of Laguna Escondida, snap pics of Argentino Lake, the Andes mountains and aerial views of El Calafate. Mountain biking experience is not required but you should know your way around a bike.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Snack (coffee/tea and granola bars or cookies)
- Private guide
- Transport by minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up transfer services from centrally located hotels
Returns to original departure point
Daily (October to April)
Meet your private guide in downtown El Calafate, where you’ll board your minivan and take a 20-minute drive to the base of Mt Huyliche, which soars 3,445 feet (1,050 meters) above sea level.
Disembark and ride a chairlift up to Calafate Balcony. On the way up, capture jaw-dropping panoramas of the arid steppes, Argentino Lake, the Andes mountains and bird’s-eye views of El Calafate.
When you reach the top, walk over to a nearby sports activities center, where you’ll be paired with a mountain bike and receive a safety briefing. (Mountain biking experience is not required but is recommended.) Warm up your muscles and test out your bike. When you’re ready, pedal off after your guide on an 8-mile descent that lasts three hours with breaks.
During your mostly downhill ride, don’t forget to catch the views, including new vantage points for El Calafate and Argentino Lake, as well as snowcapped Fitz Roy, the tallest peak in Los Glaciares National Park.
Discover remote places around Laguna Escondida (Hidden Lagoon), a small lake located in the vast Hermoso Valley. Your terrain varies from dry and pebbly paths to soft and wide trails. Stop along the way for revitalizing granola or cookies, and learn about the geological sights you see from your guide, who’ll also check your bike and make sure you’re ready to continue.
The final leg of your route ends in a local town, where you’ll enjoy another snack before boarding your minivan back to El Calafate.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Maximum weight is 242 lbs (110 kg)
- It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- You may bring your own food
- Seasonal tour operating October to April
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.