- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Just 10 kilometers from the city of Cafayate, we can find the Colorado River Springs (Cascadas del Río Colorado). This tour invites you to take a recognition hike in a wonderful place, barely visited by man.
The Trekking at Cascadas del Rio Colorado from El Cafayate will take us to discover corners of the province of Salta, in a combination of hiking, climbing and swimming activities. Our professional guide, a native of the place, will be the perfect leader for this expedition.
Snacks, water and transfer from your hotel in Cafayate are included!
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Water (1 liter)
- Professional Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Small-group private tour
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
You will start the tour by being picked-up at your hotel in Cafayate. We will start travelling 6 km by a gravel road we arrive at a place called El Divisadero.
Pass By: Bodega El Porvenir de Cafayate, Cafayate, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
The road begins in a quiet dirt path alongside the Colorado River, located in a canyon between two mountains of stones of different types of brown and gray.
The Colorado River forms seven waterfalls, where three are the most important. Crystal jets of water falling sharply on the green painted rocks green justify continuous stops along the route.
We will keep going upstream and about about 200 meters further, we will find the third waterfall, which forms a small lagoon with a depth of two meters and a half.
Here we will stop to rest, freshen up in the lagoon and eat a snack.
We will continue our way through the many trails and after nearly 4 hours of walking in which we will observe different landscapes, we will return to the starting place to take the shuttle back to our hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Cascadas del Rio Colorado, Cafayate, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passengers must wear confortable clothes and sneakers
- It is recommended to take an extra water bottle and a bag-pack in order to have your hands free.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.