- 12 to 15 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
A unique full day adventure to fully enjoy one of the roughest sections of the Argentine Northwest. An unforgettable journey where enjoying nature with "the five senses". This is a different option where nature interpretation, multiple photo stops, visits to archaeological sites and observation of flora and fauna is made.
It is a trek through one of the most beautiful landscapes in the region with magnificent views of the Cuesta del Obispo.
- Local taxes
- Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
Centrally located Salta hotels
A day of adventure begins
This trip departs from the city of Salta to the south, passing through the town of Cerrillos, El Carril and then turn west towards Chicoana, through the jungle environment of the Yungas and after a few kilometers of ascent, is enters the Quebrada de Escoipe, where cactus, cacti, carob trees and a landscape of red rocks and crops are multicolored.
An experience with a local bus line
After about 2 hours of transfer, the vehicle is left in a place named Margarita and the group take a local bus line, which is used by locals to move around different places and tourists traveling independently to Cachi. This bus will take the group about 20 kilometers up to the entrance to the National Park and from where the trek begins.
• Departure Time: Every day at 7:00 am. (pickup at you place)
• Duration: Full Day. 11 hours approx. (Transfer + trekk)
• Walking Time: Between 4 and 6 hours (The duration varies according to group level).
• Walking distance: 17,4 km. aprox.
• Positive Elevation gain: +632 meters.
• Negative elevation: -1590 meters.
• Difficulty: Moderate / Hard, people can participate, with good physically fit and technical skill to walk in narrow trails.
• Region: Cuesta del Obispo / Quebrada de Escoipe / Cordillera Oriental o Precordillera.
• Include: Transfers, Trekking Sticks, Snacks, Lunch (picnic), bilingual guide, Insurance.
• Price: See the Tours Price ListWhat to Bring. Mandatory Equipment
• Trekking shoes with socks (with good tread, may not be smooth soles);
• Long trousers (preferably demountable);
• 1 warm jacket (even in summer);
• Backpack 30 lts minimum must contain: 2 liters of water, 1 windbreak, insect repellent for summer days, sunscreen;
• Hat and sunglasses;
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.