- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visiting the Rocinha favela, one of Rio's hundreds of "favelas" (the Brazilian term for a slum or shantytown) and the largest in the country, is a local experience that gives you the chance to see Brazil from another point of view. With a resident guide, take a non-intrusive walking tour to learn about daily life in the favela and gain insight into the challenges these communities face.
Our pick-ups start at 13:30, however, our tour starts in Rocinha around 14:25.
Duration of our tour including pickup and drop off is around 3 hours.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Copacabana Beach
- Entry/Admission - Ipanema Beach
- Entry/Admission - Leblon Beach
- Entry/Admission - Rocinha
Belmond Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
We only provide pick-up from hotels we have listed in Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon. However, you must Just let us know.
PLEASE CHECK OUR DEPARTURE TIME BELLOW:
Hilton Copacabana at 13:20
Belmond Copacabana Palace at 13:30 (wait outside the hotel).
Marriott Hotel at 13:45
Rio Othon Palace at 13:50
Windsor Miramar at 14h
Sofitel Ipanema ex-Cesar park at 14:10
Praia Ipanema Hotel at 14:15
Janeiro Hotel at 14:20
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
Everyday from 13:30 till 17h
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Copacabana Beach, Av. Atlantica - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22070-011 Brazil
This is our first beach and place where we pickup most of our clients
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ipanema Beach, Avenida Vieira Souto - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420-002 Brazil
Second beach - another great location in Rio and one of the most expensive areas in Brazil. We drive by to pickup clients as well.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Leblon Beach, Avenida Ataulfo de Paiva, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
This is our last beach and meeting point - after that we will head to Rocinha - our biggest favela in Brazil and home for most of us!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
We expect to arrive in Rocinha after all pickups at 14:30 for our walking tour - please wear comfortable shoes for the tour
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Private tours are available in French or German as well as English
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.