- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Revel in the all-night excitement of Rio de Janeiro’s annual Carnival (Carnaval) parade, famous throughout Brazil – and the rest of the world – for its energetic samba dancers and flamboyant costumes! With a ticket to a numbered seat in Sector 9 of the Sambadrome (Sambodromo), you’ll have a great view of the samba schools as they show off their drummers, dancers and enormous parade floats. Watch different samba schools compete on one of four nights (your choice), with optional round-trip hotel transport.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from most hotels located in Rio's South Zone (if option selected)
- Tickets to Carnaval Parade at Marques de Sapucaí.
- Entry/Admission - Sambodromo da Marques de Sapucai
- Entry/Admission - Rio de Janeiro Carnival
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Select Rio de Janiero hotels, if option selected; please see the full list on the View Additional Info tab.
If transport is not selected, make your own way to the Sambadrome
February 8th - 11th, 16th
Visit: Sambodromo da Marques de Sapucai, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The stage for the biggest carnival parade on Earth
Visit: Rio de Janeiro Carnival, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival takes place during four nights each year when the local escolas de samba (samba schools) compete by parading through the open-air Sambodrome, a 3,000-foot (700-meter) avenue with grandstand seats rising from each side.
When you arrive at the entrance with your pre-booked ticket, take your allocated seat in Sector 9 and get ready to partake in one of the biggest celebrations on Earth. Watch fireworks light up the sky and enjoy the excellent view of the parading dancers, percussionists and elaborate floats, along with 90,000 other spectators!
Around 4,000 participants from each samba school prepare themed songs, dances, costumes and floats all year to compete for Carnival titles and cash prizes. From 9pm until early morning, you’ll see six schools pass through – each taking about an hour – as they convince the crowd that their performance is the best.
If you choose a ticket for the first Saturday, you’ll watch six samba schools from the Access Group compete for a chance to gain Special Group status the following year. If you choose Sunday or Monday night, you’ll see top schools in the Special Group parade down the avenue. The following Saturday, the five schools voted the best participate in the Champions Parade.
At the end of the parade, your night ends either at the Sambadrome or with hotel drop-off, if selected.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pay atention for different options: Ticket and transportation included OR Ticket only
- This product is non-refundable
- Customers have to collect up credentials and/or tickets to the day before your selected Parade date, from 10:00am to 5:00pm (for Access and special Group). Exceptions should be communicated
- Address for Collection: Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort at the Gray Line desk at the Lobby - Avenida Niemeyer, 121 – Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 22450-220
- Pick ups for options that include transportation now start at 06:00pm, 08:00pm or 10:00pm. Option to be selected in advance. Final time will be confirmed upon collection of the credential..
- The customer must be in the lobby at the start of the hour of the selected time slot. He will be droped off at a point and must return to the same point for the return transfer that will take place at the final of each Samba School parade.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- If you do not inform our team of your desired pick up time, then we will assign you for the first available pick up time, from your hotel or closest pick up location
- Final exact times will be advised exactly when you collect your tickets as per voucher instructions, but you must select your pick up time before then. Remember you need collect your credentials for the bus transportation and/or ticket to the Parade.
- For return, buses will depart from the same spot where you were dropped off at the end of each parade.
- Please see departure and drop off points. If your hotel is not listed, you will have to go to one of these locations. The exact alternate point will be settle when you collect your bus credentials and tickets.
- This Product is not Refundable.
- Children under 5 years of age are not allowed.
- Most travelers can participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.