- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The most complete private tour on Viator! Have an unforgettable experience on this customizable 8-hour tour with the choice of a focus in nature or history! Visit the most amazing sights in Rio, including the highlights Christ the Redeemer, Selarón Steps, Sugar Loaf and the beaches.
This custom VIP suitable tour also has the convenient option of tours with driver-guide, or separate guide and driver for maximum comfort, and offers only the friendliest and most knowledgeable, carefully selected tour guides in Rio with the perfect spoken languages: English, Spanish, German and others!
The only tour to include pickup from any hotel in Rio, port, and free transfer from the national or international airport at the beginning and/or end of the tour.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Get inside tips from a local
- Tours with a driver + guide: (separate for absolute comfort) Guided tour options: For solo traveler (sedan), For 2-3 travelers (suv) and for 4-15 travelers (minivan/van)
- Tours with a driver-guide: For 1 to 4 travelers. (SUV) The driver-guide will not guide at the touristic sights.
- Pick-up and drop-off from ANY hotel/ port/ national or international airport.
- Pick up starts at 8:00 am unless stated otherwise, through special request.
- Tours are private and customizable, and all guides are licensed.
- Prices are per group and at the same time, per person, which ensure the best price.
- Transport by modern, air-conditioned vehicle and professional driver.
- Guides have excellent fluency in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Russian.
- In the presence of the tour guide, travelers will skip the initial line at the Sugar Loaf and to the Christ by van.
- Average ammount spent by each traveler: $70
- Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf and lunch)
Any hotel, port, or airport
Your hotel, port or airport
Your exciting day begins at 8:00 am, or your chosen time, to enjoy a real feast of views, feelings, colors and sounds.
At the beginning of the tour, tell your guide the decision for either nature or history! This tour is sure to please demanding travelers like yourself.
You will visit Christ the Redeemer, and be amazed by the magnitude of the world's newest Seven Wonders, Sugar Loaf and its 4 breathtaking cable car rides, and the incredibly colorful Selaron Stairway.
Have lunch in a great local restaurant and learn about the rich Brazilian cuisine.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy your custom choice:
• Knowledge seekers will be thrilled with the history option: Cinelândia square, the Olympic Boulevard and the peculiar Metropolitan Cathedral.
• Free spirits will relax and reach enlightment with the nature option: Tijuca forest and its waterfall, Pepino beach at São Conrado and the Leblon viewpoint .
Prices are per group. Tickets and lunch at own expenses.
Book it together with our Private Rio de Janeiro Hidden Gems tour for the ultimate tour experience in Rio!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tickets are not included but may be arranged, please contact us by e-mail or WhatsApp.
- Special restaurants are available: gluten-free, vegan, halal, kosher, please advise.
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs, as in any location, will follow the time of the tour (8 hours). Please send us your airline flight number and time as a "special request" if you are arriving at the airport.
- Customary pick-up time is set for 8am in order to see to the Christ in a better way. If you agree with pick-up time at 8 am, confirmation is not necessary. If you would like a different time, please specify as a "special request."
- Your guide will wait for you in the hotel lobby. If you are exiting the port, your guide will have a Trip advisor sign near gate 4.
- Please read "inclusions and exclusions" and the voucher after purchase for important information.
- Wheelchair accessible vans may be provided. Please choose the "van" option at the time of booking.
- Infant car seats are available. Please advise as a "special request."
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our guide Wagner was absolutely brilliant with English language and the local knowledge. We had a fabulous time including the kids.
We had an interesting day with Rafael. We did see the highlights of Rio, and the van and driver were always there to transport us. However,there were a few things that we were surprised with. We said that we wanted to go to a restaurant for lunch. Rafael had already booked the venue. However, it was VERY expensive. We feel that we should have been asked how much we wanted to spend before entering the restaurant. The food was good, but at 130 a couple for lunch the price was steep. Our guide should also be advised to improve his personal grooming - clean clothes are appropriate.
This tour was listed as a 9 hour tour however our tour guide and driver thought it was suppose to be a 6 hour tour. That is what we got. We were picked up at the port and got the immediate idea this might be a new tour guide . The only info given to us about surroundings was promoted by our driver who spoke better English than our guide. This was the day before carnival began so we did expect not to see as much as any other time of year. We saw the Christ the redeemer statue and sugar loaf. Both attractions our guide had to ask where to go and how to enter as if she hadn't been there. She even had tourists take her picture at the two attractions. We had a fast lunch at Burger King. That was it. Today another passenger on the ship said they did in fact have a 9 hour tour and went to coppacabana beach, other locations as well as everywhere we went. Our guides were certainly not experienced as we would have expected through viator for a private tour.
The tour guide was excellent and took great pride in his country and showed us what we wanted to see.
Our guide Luciana was fabulous. We had bad weather but that did not stop us at all.
Excelente tour por diferentes lugares de Rio... Paulo, el guía, muy ameno y sabe mucho de muchas cosas... Ursula, nuestra chofer, manejó excelente. Nos sentimos siempre muy seguros. Nos faltó tiempo para recorrer la catedral y la escalera de selarón. Pero el tour muy bueno. Gracias!!!!
Paolo was amazing. He took us to Corcovado, a waterfall in Barra, the Porto Maravilha area, lunch in a typical restaurant in downtown, the famous tiled steps, and ended up at the sugar loaf. The tour was never rushed and Paolo had a wealth of insights not only on what we were seeing but also the culture and history. As a professor of Philosophy, he was very well-informed. He even gave my wife and I some gifts that were typical of Brazil! We enjoyed our tour tremendously and highly recommend it.
There were four of us, together with our beautiful guide Isabella and driver Marcos, in a very comfortable vehicle. Could not have asked for a better overview of this gorgeous city. We had a wonderful time.
Excelente experiencia y servicio. Alejandro y Vinicius muy agradables, simpáticos y con paciencia para los niños. Visitamos la foresta de Tijuca, Catedral, Escalera, Corcovado, Pan de Azucar y Maracaná entramos, sólo estaba considerado pasar por fuera. Almorzamos en Copacabana y nos dieron varios tips de Rio. Totalmente recomendable! Siempre con una sonrisa.
This was an unsatisfying tour. We were three people, plus a driver and a guide. We requested a guide as well as a driver, because we were told the guide would be much more informative. First, the car was a small sedan, much too confining for five people, with very poor visibility.. Second, the guide was disorganized and uninformative. In fact, the driver was a better guide than the regular guide. So we paid extra to be over crowded and ill-served. Avoid this tour.
We had a fantastic day with our guide. He was very knowledgeable and we will remember the tour for a lifetime.
I just returned from my first trip to Rio de Janeiro. On my first full day in Rio, I did the private full-day sightseeing tour. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour if you have never been to Rio before and want to hit all of the major attractions in one day. The driver and guide picked me up at my hotel around 9:00 a.m. and took me all around the city. We visited the Tijuca Forest, Corcovado i.e. Christ Redeemer statue, Maracnha stadium, the Sambodrome, the Cathedral, Cinelandia, and for sunset viewing Pao de Acucar Sugar Loaf Mountain. I wanted to have Brazilian food for lunch, and the guide took me to a buffet style restaurant in Ipanema that was not too expensive, but had a variety of options. After completing this tour, which lasted about 9.5 hours, I felt like I had a much better understanding of the city and all of the major landmarks. The guide and driver were very friendly and knowledgable. Again I reiterate that this tour is definitely worth the money.
We had such a terrific day with Patricia and our driver Bernardo! It was so refreshing to tour Rio de Janeiro with two people who were born and raised there. They know all the hidden gems of the city, and told us the history and culture of Rio and Brazil. The weather was very bad the day of our tour, and we weren't able to go to Sugarloaf or Christ the Redeemer. However, Patricia and Bernardo suggested additional sights for us to see, to ensure we still had a full day tour. They also showed us where Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer were, so we could visit on our own once the weather cleared up later during our vacation. We ended our tour feeling like we spent the day with good friends! They are simply the best!
Anderson was a fantastic tour guide. He was patient and very flexible with the itinerary. I highly recommend the tour.
This was a wonderful tour, allowing us to hit all of the major landmarks in Rio in just a day. We were picked up at our hotel and visited Praia do Pepino, the new Cathedral, the soccer stadium, Tijuca Forest, Santa Teresa, Christ the Redeemer, and Sugarloaf mountain. We were allowed to customize the tour, and our guide Patricia was very informative. I strongly recommend this tour to orient you to Rio, or if you have only limited time in the city.
This was the best tour ever.Patricia and her Driver Bernardo were excellent and I recommend highly, just book with them you won't regret it.They were prompt, funny, and the banter was great.Patricia is a great singer too.You won't regret your decision just book with them.They are super awesome
This tour was awesome and mostly because of Fabiana and her brilliant driver I'm really sorry but I forget his name Rio can be a scary place, even for us and we have been travelling around C and S America for five months. My partner and I decided to go for the private tour and really in the end if there are two or more people why wouldn't you opt for the private tour, its almost the same price as a group tour. Fabiana made us feel to welcome and safe, having the private car/SUV was just the best way to explore. We did everything you could want to do, all the main attractions and always with background and history. Fabiana gave some great perspective about Rio and Brazil in general without ever dwelling too much on the clear imperfections in this amazing country. We explored some ofthe tourist trail stuff too including the forest in between the main attractions. We also went for lunch which was typically Brazillian BBQ, wow the meat was just AMAZING! So all in all a great day well spent, we felt we saw Rio and never worried once about safety or what not! That was all taken care of
Absolutely excellent. Sometimes when you book a tour you sort of half close your eyes and hope for the best, in this tour we got the best and so much more. It started with Patricia emailing us to ask what we might be interested in so she could customize our tour. She was totally ok with picking us up at the airport, which was excellent for us and saved money!
We did SOOOO much - I think everything in Rio! We...
1. Went to the football stadium
2. Went to Tijuca rainforest and did a bit of a walking tour, seeing Tournay waterfall, artist's homes, beautiful bathtubs in the middle of the forest, a 150 year-old eucalyptus tree, and then an incredible lookout over the city and beaches.
3. Walked the beaches of Rio - Sao Conrado, Copacabana, Ipanema, Barra, etc.
4. Went up Christ the Redeemer
5. Had lunch at Fogo de Chao
6. Saw the lagoon
7. Went to the Selaron steps
8. Went to the Metropolitan Cathedral
9. Toured Santa Therese
10. Went up Sugar Loaf Mountain
11. WENT HANG GLIDING!!!
I have been on Viator tours around the world. Some were terrible, some were OK, some were even great. NONE were as good as this one was! Patricia is friendly, funny, incredibly knowledgeable, and totally flexible. She helped us to find the best street market to buy souvenirs so we didn't pay too much for them - that was so helpful! Where we wanted to stop and see things, they stopped and out we got! Want to take a photo? No problem, we'll pull over and you can get out and take as many as you want.
When we stopped at the lookout on the first day we saw people hang gliding and para gliding. We wanted to do it, so Patricia stopped at the beach and we booked it! You don't get service like that ANYWHERE!!
Her driver was her cousin, Marcelo, and he was so lovely. Each time we stopped somewhere he would let us out exactly where we needed to be and go park and wait for us - that was fantastic service! Patricia took photos for us each time we wanted one, she was GREAT at selfies, and even showed me an app that can adjust your face in the picture if you forgot to put on makeup and wanted your picture to have a little more 'oomph' to it. I will turn into a model on my Facebook posts soon!
I can't recommend Patricia highly enough, the best tour we've ever had. If I get a chance to go back to Rio, Patricia and Marcelo will be my exclusive guides every single time.