- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Soar over the stunning scenery of Rio de Janeiro while tandem hang gliding or paragliding. Venture to the top of Pedra Bonita in the Tijuca National Forest and take off for a 8 to 16 minute flight over Rio's unique jungle meets city landscape. Land safely on the white-sands of São Conrado Pepino Beach.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Scenic air tour
- Use of helmet
- National Park Fee
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
8am to 4pm (Mon-Sun)
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Returns to original departure point
Daily but it depends on the meteorological conditions.
Meet your guide on São Conrado Beach at the designated time (between 8am to 4pm, subject to change based on weather conditions). For an additional fee, you can arrange a transfer from your hotel, with up to four passengers. Transfer prices depend on your location and can be paid only in cash and can be arranged after booking.
Wind up the jungle roads to the take-off platform on top of Pedra Bonita. You will get a safety briefing and get geared up with your tandem guide. Your equipment includes a safety parachute and is inspected regularly to fit to the manufacturers standards. Two GoPros are attached to your wings, to capture every moment of this incredible experience! After the flight, photos and video are available for purchase.
Make your way to the platform with your tandem guide, sprint the 26 feet (8 meters) toward the edge and feel the wind take you to lift-off! Enjoy one of the best views in Rio — with the jungle and city beneath you, two mountains on either side, and the immense Atlantic Ocean stretching out in front of you.
After approximately 8 to 16 minutes of flight, you will land safely on the shores on São Conrado Pepino Beach.
Experience or prior knowledge is not required. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes with good traction, no flip flops or sandals. Glasses and contact lenses are ok to wear during the flight. Before the flight, only eat soft foods and do not consume alcohol.
Note that while Rio de Janeiro has exceptional climatic conditions for free flight year-round, the pilot may cancel the flight at any time based on weather conditions. The day before the flight, the pilot will find out the best hours for flying. There are different weight limits for hang gliding and paragliding, which varies according to weather conditions and evaluation criteria of each pilot. You must inform your weight when booking. The weight limit is 210 lbs (95 kg). Participants must be over 18, or over 16 if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The hang glider or paraglider is equipped with a safety parachute and is inspected regularly according to the manufacturers standards
- Wear comfortable shoes (no flip flops, sandals, or slippery shoes)
- Do not consume alcohol prior to flight
- Eat soft foods prior to flight
- From 16 to 18 years old, a person can fly only if accompanied by parent or legal guardian
- Weight limit is 210 lbs (95 kg)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.