- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience the beauty of Rio from a different angle! Come join us aboard our 40-footer sailing yacht on a 3-hour tour under sail in the protected bay or open ocean waters of Rio. Departing from the traditional (established 1920) Yacht Club of Rio de Janeiro at Urca, this sailing experience unveils, right from the start, the two most iconic landmarks of Rio de Janeiro: the statue of Christ The Redeemer and Sugar Loaf. As the sailing proceeds, the Captain helps guests understand the magic of sailing and responds to questions about Rio's history, while guests relax, enjoy our welcome drinks, snacks and appreciate the great views!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Sail in Rio
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Iate Clube do Rio de Janeiro
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sail in Rio, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The best way to see Rio is from the water! Nothing like doing that aboard a sailboat and pushed by the wind! Immediately after sailing away from the Iate Clube, the two major iconic landmarks of Rio, the Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer, will appear before your eyes. Proceeding, the crossing of the bay under sail will showcase the old fortresses and lead us to Niteroi City. From there, the Captain will decide, on his best judgement of prevailing wind and sea conditions, whether the sail will continue inside or outside of the bay.
If inside of the bay, we will head towards Rio's downtown and harbor. If outside of the bay, we will head towards the beaches on the coastline where swimming is possible.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the hour for checking in at the club's reception. Midday sails off at 11am. Sunset sails off 3pm. Don't be late! We will leave on time!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.