- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Pedra da Gavea is one of the most famous rock formations of Rio de Janeiro and the most admired adventure in the city. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
This is the ideal hiking tour for those who enjoy lots of adventure and adrenaline. You will go to the summit of Pedra da Gavea, which is the biggest block of solid rock by the sea in the world. At the top of its 844 meters, you can see the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, the Jockey Club, the Botafogo cove, the Aterro do Flamengo, the Sugar Loaf mountain, the Morro da Urca, the Pedra Bonita, the Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer Statue and the other mountains of the Tijuca Forest and landmarks such as Guanabara Bay, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos Region.
This hiking tour takes place inside the Atlantic Rainforest, so you have great chances to encounter wild animals during the hike.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option with transport selected)
- Equipment for use in the tour
Estr. do Joá, 3896 - Joá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22611-022, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in the tourist zone of Rio de Janeiro. (Transportation is not included in the regular tour option.) (please inform the hotel if you choose the option with transport)
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
The Pedra da Gávea Trail is located in Sector C of the Tijuca National Park
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
You will take a traditional trail to Pedra da Gavea of about two and a half hours to reach the top.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Trilha da Pedra da Gavea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22641-990 Brazil
The hike is steep and has several natural obstacles that must be overcome. There is some basic rock climbing section called Carrasqueira, but no previous experience is necessary here as your guide will help you using all the safety techniques and procedures necessary.
The descent is made by a technique similar to rappelling (abseiling), but the guide is the one who controls the equipment and the descent. This allows formore comfort and safety. You just need to relax, enjoy and take lots of photos.
The climate is hot and humid, making the Pedra da Gavea hike an excellent exercise. If you have an adventurer's soul and want to see Rio de Janeiro seen from above, this is the tour you are looking for.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, 3 liters of water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended and a backpack is mandatory to care for your things
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.