- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Pedra da Gavea is one of the most famous rock formations of Rio de Janeiro and the most admired adventure in the city. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
This is the ideal hiking tour for those who enjoy lots of adventure and adrenaline. You will go to the summit of Pedra da Gavea, which is the biggest block of solid rock by the sea in the world. At the top of its 844 meters, you can see the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, the Jockey Club, the Botafogo cove, the Aterro do Flamengo, the Sugar Loaf mountain, the Morro da Urca, the Pedra Bonita, the Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer Statue and the other mountains of the Tijuca Forest and landmarks such as Guanabara Bay, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos Region.
This hiking tour takes place inside the Atlantic Rainforest, so you have great chances to encounter wild animals during the hike.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option with transport selected)
- Equipment for use in the tour
Estr. do Joá, 3896
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in the tourist zone of Rio de Janeiro. (Transportation is not included in the regular tour option.) (please inform the hotel if you choose the option with transport)
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The Pedra da Gávea Trail is located in Sector C of the Tijuca National Park
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Pedra da Gavea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
You will take a traditional trail to Pedra da Gavea of about two and a half hours to reach the top.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Trilha da Pedra da Gavea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The hike is steep and has several natural obstacles that must be overcome. There is some basic rock climbing section called Carrasqueira, but no previous experience is necessary here as your guide will help you using all the safety techniques and procedures necessary.
The descent is made by a technique similar to rappelling (abseiling), but the guide is the one who controls the equipment and the descent. This allows formore comfort and safety. You just need to relax, enjoy and take lots of photos.
The climate is hot and humid, making the Pedra da Gavea hike an excellent exercise. If you have an adventurer's soul and want to see Rio de Janeiro seen from above, this is the tour you are looking for.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, 3 liters of water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended and a backpack is mandatory to care for your things
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our guide, Didi was very knowledgable about the region, park and mountain. The trek to the summit was challenging but a great workout. The views from the summit are absolutely breathtaking. I only wish we spent more time up there. I would definitely do this again!
A great experience... As a beginner I thought it will be too difficult to reach the top but fortunately it was not that bad thanks to our great guide Lucas, there was a portion which we climbed using tools and ropes though you don't need that if you are experienced and the views from the top are spectacular.
Don't recommend never showed up.Returned our calls over 2 hours later and said sorry but could not give us a reason as to why no one showed up.Very frustrating, wasted our time completely!We were unable to organise another operator with the late notice so we missed out completely, very dissapointing
The view atop this mountain was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life! Be aware however, that you will be doing some serious mountain climbing on this excursion and will get dirty. The climb takes around 8 hours up and down, so eat a good breakfast and you may want to bring snacks and of course water for along the way. No bathrooms along the way, so if you are shy about relieving yourself in the woods, this is something you should know. Our guide Didi was extremely trustworthy, patient and supportive, I would give him 5 stars!!