- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
At 1,161 feet (354 meters) high, Pedra do Telégrafo, located in Pedra Branca State Park, offers sweeping views of beaches and Guaratiba Hill. With a guide, you'll hike to the summit, stopping at viewpoints along the way for photo ops. When booking, you can select the group tour option or upgrade to a private tour, which includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Rio de Janeiro.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Guide with experience in eco-adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Personal accident insurance
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for Regular tour option
Praça Cardeal Arcoverde
Traveler pickup is offered
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Your Pedra do Telégrafo experience begins on the trail from Praia Grande in Barra de Guaratiba (aka Caminho dos Pescadores). Hike 2 miles (3.5 km) along this moderate trail, passing by several viewpoints.
Pass By: Barra de Guaratiba Beach, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Pedra do Telégrafo is located in the State Park of Pedra Branca, in Barra de Guaratiba and is 354 meters high
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Parque Estadual Da Pedra Branca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
When you reach a viewpoint recognizable from many Internet photos that make the location look more perilous than it actually is, you'll see why. As you stand on top of or hang from a large, sharp rock, which isn't actually very far off the ground, your camera angle can make it appear like you're a daredevil about to fall down the mountainside. Your guide will also show you other spots to capture photos.
During your walk and on the summit, enjoy panoramic vistas of the 'wild beaches' of Rio de Janeiro: Praia do Perigoso, Praia do Meio, Grumari, Pontal do Recreio, Barra da Tijuca, Pedra da Gávea, and Restinga da Marambaia. Plus, take in views of the mountains of Pedra Branca State Park and Tijuca National Park.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Pedra do Telegrafo, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult rate applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Some amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date, or full refund
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes with good grip and bring a light snack, water, sunscreen, and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
I took the transport option which was excellent, comfortable, and exceptionally punctual. My tour guide Renan was kind, patient, and gregarious, and the hike itself was wonderful! Stunning views and beautiful pathways through a gorgeous urban jungle. Renan was kind enough to wait in the line with me for a picture, and was willing to tailor the hike to my needs, whether that included a side-route to one of the beaches below or a stop for an experience of coco-water. The view at the top is absolutely stunning and unique. Excellent experience!!
We were staying in Leblon. It was a huge help having a guide that picked us up at the hotel and hiked up the trail with us. He arrived on time and took the trail a little slower for me. I'm not normally a hiker. It took us about 45 minutes to get to the top. The views were amazing. The tour left nice and early so we didn't have a wait at the anvil rock. We past several groups of hikers going up the trail as we were coming down. I'm sure they were in for a long line to take their photos. This was a great tour. I would definitely recommend it.