- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You’ll see every one of the Marvelous City’s highlights, from the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue to the colorful Selaron Staircase. You’ll also explore districts like bohemian Santa Teresa and nightlife-loving Lapa. Finish it all off with an epic sunset view over Guanabara Bay and Copacabana Beach from atop Sugarloaf Mountain. Explore the bohemian district of Santa Teresa and shop for locally made souvenirs. Climb the colorful Selaron Staircase, a stunning mosaic created over a span of 23 years. Learn about the famous pyramid-shaped Catholic Metropolitan Cathedral. Small group with a maximum of 12 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Local English-speaking guide
- Round-trip, private transportation from/to the designated pickup and drop-off
- Christ the Redeemer Entrance Fees
- Sugarloaf Mountain Cable Car Fees
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado Christ the Redeemer
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Traveler pickup is offered
1. Pick up time: 12:00pm (noon) - Copacabana Palace Hotel (right by the statue outside the main entrance) Address: 1702, Atlantica Avenue - Copacabana. Nearest subway station: Cardeal Arcoverde Station
2. Pick up time: 12:20pm - El Misti Ipanema (outside the main entrance). Address: 47, Joana Angelica St. - Ipanema. Nearest subway station: Nossa Sra da Paz Station
3. Pick up time: 12:30pm - Lemon Spirit Hostel (outside the main entrance). Address: 56, Cupertino Durão St. - Leblon. Nearest subway station: Antero de Quental Station
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corcovado Christ the Redeemer, Parque Nacional da Tijuca Cosme Velho, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22241-330 Brazil
You’ll start your Rio de Janeiro tour with a visit to the most iconic spot in the city: the Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado Mountain. We’ll head through Tijuca National Park to the mountain top, where you’ll experience the most amazing views of Rio (and get to snap the most epic selfie shots). You’ll discover first-hand why this site is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Santa Teresa, Rua Aurea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20240-210 Brazil
From there, we’ll make our way back down the hillside and towards the historic, artistic, and bohemian district of Santa Teresa. This neighbourhood was the first wealthy area in Rio de Janeiro and houses some of the most interesting shops in town. We’ll stop into a few places for you to see some locally made items and fulfill your souvenir shopping needs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian, Avenida Republica do Chile 245, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-170 Brazil
Our next stop is at the modern Catholic Metropolitan Cathedral, designed by architect Edgar de Oliveira da Fonseca and inspired by the Mayan pyramids. The stained-glass windows are a gorgeous work, reaching out all the way up to the ceiling.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Carioca Aqueduct, Rua Riachuelo 27, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20230-010 Brazil
Your Rio tour then goes on to the area of Lapa, famous for its nightlife, bars, and tambourine sounds that play throughout the night ‘til dawn. And of course, it’s impossible to visit Lapa and miss the Aqueduct, the main gate of the neighbourhood that is now used as a bridge for the Santa Teresa tram.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Escadaria Selaron, Rua Joaquim Silva, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20241-110 Brazil
Before we leave the district, we’ll stop by the world-famous Selaron Staircase, a colourful mosaic in Brazilian colours and featuring tiles sent in by tourists from over 150 different cities around the world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pao de Acucar, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
And we’re still not done! Lastly, we’ll move onto the Urca neighbourhood, where we’ll ride the cable car up, up, up to the summit of Sugarloaf Mountain for jaw-dropping views of Guanabara Bay and Copacabana Beach — the perfect way to cap off an amazing afternoon in the Marvelous City!
Duration: 45 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.