- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit the most typical places of the first African cultural manifestations in the Americas. Take a new look at the two cultures, African and European, and its legacy in the arts, cuisine, dance and music, highlighting the Carnival.
• Visit the City of Samba, or City of Dreams, an area where the Samba Schools develop the floats that will parade in the Sambodrome
• Understand how celebrations of Catholic and African merged its cultural manifestations and producing the most famous Carnival in the world.
• Visit the current region of the Port, which for decades received thousands of Africans from different ethnic groups, nations, and cultures.
• Visit Pedra do Sal (Salt Stone), where the Community of Remnants of Quilombos is located and considered as Cultural Heritage.
• Get to know Valongo Wharf, the largest African point of entry in the Americas. It has been submitted to UNESCO to become World Heritage.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN
- Entry/Admission - Cidade Do Samba
- Food and drinks
Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-000, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.
The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.
Rio de Janeiro
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra do Sal, Largo Joao da Baiana Saude, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20081-120 Brazil
This local is considered Little Africa, one of the places in Rio where the samba was born.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cais do Valongo, Avenida Barao de Tefe Saude, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-460 Brazil
Considered by UNESCO Human Heritage due to its importance to understanding the influence African culture in the Americas
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN, Rua Pedro Ernesto 36, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-350 Brazil
Visiting the cemetery of new blacks, watching a video describing the history of the arriving the Africans in America
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cidade Do Samba, Rua Rivadavia Correia 60 Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-290 Brazil
The place with twelve pavilions where main samba schools prepare its floats for the carnival parade at the Sambadrome
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.