- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit the most typical places of the first African cultural manifestations in the Americas. Take a new look at the two cultures, African and European, and its legacy in the arts, cuisine, dance and music, highlighting the Carnival.
• Visit the City of Samba, or City of Dreams, an area where the Samba Schools develop the floats that will parade in the Sambodrome
• Understand how celebrations of Catholic and African merged its cultural manifestations and producing the most famous Carnival in the world.
• Visit the current region of the Port, which for decades received thousands of Africans from different ethnic groups, nations, and cultures.
• Visit Pedra do Sal (Salt Stone), where the Community of Remnants of Quilombos is located and considered as Cultural Heritage.
• Get to know Valongo Wharf, the largest African point of entry in the Americas. It has been submitted to UNESCO to become World Heritage.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN
- Entry/Admission - Cidade Do Samba
- Food and drinks
Av. Atlântica, 1702, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-000, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.
Rio de Janeiro
Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro
. The Tour Starts at 02:00 pm, ends at 7:00 pm.
Hotel pick-up Description:
Note: Upon request, by the message, we can pick up and drop off the group at the same lodging location, within a 15 km radius of the meeting point, including the cruise port, at a previous time that allows us to arrive at 01:50 pm at the meeting point. The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by email.
Drop-off/End Point:Note: Upon request, by the message, we can drop off the group at the same lodging location, within a 15 km radius of the meeting point, including the cruise port.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra do Sal, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
This local is considered Little Africa, one of the places in Rio where the samba was born.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cais do Valongo, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Considered by UNESCO Human Heritage due to its importance to understanding the influence African culture in the Americas
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Visiting the cemetery of new blacks, watching a video describing the history of the arriving the Africans in America
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cidade Do Samba, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The place with twelve pavilions where main samba schools prepare its floats for the carnival parade at the Sambadrome
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
We are fortunate to be able to travel a lot worldwide and have done many tours. Most are good but rarely am I moved to share my opinion outside of family and friends. This tour and guide, however, merited a rave review! The tour was informative and interesting and our guide was extremely gracious and very knowledgeable. In fact, Camillo was so great that we asked him to arrange a Favela tour for us during our stay. He handled all of the details including hotel pick up. I would highly recommend him and this experiences to any traveling to the area.
Camilo was a great host! My mother and I went on this tour on our last day in Rio, and it was great walking through the city and experiencing the culture up close and personal. I would highly recommend this experience for all who are new to the city. Camilo also was kind enough to take beautiful pictures of my mother and I, and provided us with a video, at no additional charge. Thanks so much Camilo!!!
The tour guide spoke good English and very knowledgeable about the African experience here in Rio. Along With a touch of a city tour of Rio. The biggest surprise was visiting the Samba factory where the Artist dreams were actually being built by various professional Artisens for Rio February Festival.