- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Take a non-intrusive 4-hour walking tour of Rocinha favela in Rio, and learn about life in the city’s famous shanty towns. Take a respectful tour with a favela resident, and meet the locals to experience their lives away from the usual stereotypes.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Local guide English Speaking
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
Address: Av Atlantica 1702- Copacabana
1:25pm in front of Copacabana Palace Hotel - Address: Av Atlantica 1702
Copacabana Palace Hotel at around 17:30
Explore Rio’s largest favela on a half-day walking tour of Rocinha, the largest favela (shantytown) in South America. Organized by local, English speaking guides and favela hosts, the walking tour is respectful and non-intrusive to the residents.
Subject of the movie "City of God," Rio’s favelas have fallen victim to unfortunate stereotypes. In order to correct this, and show you the true Rio de Janeiro, the favela tour will let you see and experience how daily life happens away from the sensationalist headlines.
On this tour, you will get to actually walk the streets in small groups (average of 10 people) and meet the locals to hear their stories. Learn the history of the favela and its social and economic challenges. The tour cost also includes a monetary contribution to the favela community. It is a great opportunity to learn a little more about Rio's culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Meeting point at Belmond Copacabana Palace at 13:25
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.