- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A half-day hike guided tour in Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the biggest urban rainforests in the world. Our experienced guides will take you on an amazing adventure hiking up one of the most stunning summits in Rio. You'll visit Pedra Bonita (696m=2283ft) a popular lookout in the Tijuca Rainforest with amazing views to the coastline of the city and a view to Gavea Rock, the flat 'table mountain' in Rio that provides incredible picture opportunities. During the tour, you'll experience the nature and the feeling of being in the tropical rainforest. In addition to the fun and adventure our team will provide information and curiosities about the flora and fauna, like monkeys, quatis, and toucans, that may appear in the way.
- Tijuca Rainforest National Park (03rd biggest urban forest in the world)
- Amazing views in clear days (696m=2283ft= as high as the Christ Redeemer statue)
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Food and drinks
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included ONLY from designated hotels in the South Rio (more than 100 options but NOT all hotels). Please inform your hotel /address when booking and we'll confirm if pickup is possible right at your place otherwise we'll suggest the closest option possible as a meeting point.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Participate in a guided hike enjoying and visiting nature spots in the Tijuca Forest National
Park, one of the largest urban rainforest in the world, with great views to the coastline of Rio, in clear days.
• Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-010 Brazil
• Floresta da Tijuca, Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
• Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Pedra Bonita, Estrada da Cascatinha Tijuca National Park, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Mirante das canoas, Estrada das Canoas, km 3 Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fitness required. EASY to MODERATE level hike. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 3,5km=2.2mi (up and down rough terrain), approx. 2h, elev. gain 203m=667ft.
- Passport name, number, and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance).
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under (must be accompanied)
- A maximum of 10 people per booking.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.