- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this four-hour tour in Rio de Janeiro, bask in beautiful Brazilian nature at the Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and the Tijuca Rainforest. See a variety of exotic plants at the world-famous botanical garden, and ride in a jeep over to the Tijuca Rainforest for an easy, 15-minute hike through the forest, taking in breathtaking sights and looking for wildlife!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Jeep tour of Tijuca Raiforest
- Eco hike
- Botanical Garden Ticket
- Entry/Admission - Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Entry/Admission - Vista Chinesa
- Entry/Admission - Emperor's Table
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete, Barra da Tijuca, Santa Teresa and Downtown
* Please call the number on the voucher at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your selected activity. The pick up time at your hotel can differ by up to about 45 minutes from the above time, depending on your location. There are cases in which the provider will not be able to pick you up and so an alternative meeting point will be suggested at the time of your call
* The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico), Rua Jardim Botanico 1008 Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-000 Brazil
After pickup from your Rio hotel, your half-day tour begins at the historic Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden. See a variety of exotic plants from all over the planet at this world-famous garden, which is home to water lilies, huge redwood trees, imperial palm trees and a famous greenhouse that houses more than 500 kinds of orchid. The garden also houses fountains, historical monuments and hundreds of birds.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
After your guide picks you up from your hotel in Rio, hop in an open Jeep and buckle up for a fun ride! Drive to the edge of the cityscape and enter Tijuca Forest, located just 10 minutes from the city center. You’ll hear about the important reforestation program of Tijuca National Park and learn the importance of the Mata Atlântica ecosystem — part of the vast and protected Mata Biosphere Reserve, which covers 14 states in Brazil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cachoeira dos Primatas, Rua Sara Vilela 460, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-180 Brazil
See the beautiful waterfall during the hike
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Get a nice perspective from the Tijuca Rainforest. At Vista Chinesa (Chinese View), capture sweeping views of Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, Guanabara Bay and even as far as Niteroi.
The lookout was built between 1902 and 1906. The oriental-style pagoda is a reference in honor of the Chinese who brought tea cultivation to Brazil in the early 19th century.
Made of bamboo and cement, and situated 380 meters above sea level, it is an important tourist spot in the city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Emperor's Table, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Enjoy the beautiful view of the city, as did the Royal family several times.
It was at this table that Dom Pedro I, when he wanted a meal in the middle of one of the most beautiful views, would leave his residence at Quinta da Boa Vista and, with his cart, would head towards Estrada da Vista China.
At an altitude of 487 meters above sea level, the Emperor's Table is set against stunning views of the city, counteracting urbanization and nature. Stairs surrounding the parapet of the area lead the tourist to the edge of a concrete ramp, making the tourist feel in the midst of a splendid setting.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Take a short stop at this historical chapel. The little pink chapel in the middle of the woods, 460 meters above sea level, resembles a house of children's history. It was erected in 1860 by the Portuguese banker Viscount de Souto inside his farm, in Tijuca Forest. The Chapel is one of the attractions of Tijuca National Park. Adorn the altar reproductions of panels with holy images of Cândido Portinari. The gardens, as well as the Carrara marble and tiled patio tub with frowning spout, were designed by landscape designer Roberto Burle Marx.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Pepino Beach, Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
On the way back to the hotel, we will stop at the Pepino Beach to watch the hang gliders.
Duration: 20 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Stay tuned to the neighborhood where your hotel is located. There are two pick up options available with different prices.
- Most travelers can participate
- The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.