- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Are you looking for Rio de Janeiro's most rewarding mountain hike? Have you have been relaxing at Ipanema beach and can't take your eyes away from that gigantic flat top mountain in the skyline? This is the way up!
Join this tour to discover the coastal monolith, the Pedra da Gávea. This carioca classic is inside of the Tijuca National Park. In addition to being a natural landmark, there is a mystic aura that permeates the hike, with legends of possible portals that exit in Machu Picchu to the belief that this mountain was sculpted by the Phoenicians.
The hike up is a combination of dirt trails and scrambling. After a few stops to snap pictures and cool off in the fresh water source, we reach the rock climbing section. Don't worry, our guides will provide all the safety equipment to enjoy this section with ease.
At the roomy summit we'll have time to enjoy Rio’s sweetest views, relax a little, and talk about the history of the city.
- Use of certified climbing equipment
- Bilingual guiding services
- Private insurace
- Foods and Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Bar do Oswaldo, Estr. do Joá, 3896 - Joá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22611-022, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer transportation (with an extra charge of R$ 80 per person, minimum 2 persons). Our pick ups happen in Rio's South and Central areas.
Returns to original departure point
- Travel through time as we start the hike in a colonial era stone pathway
- Experience the atlantic forest with a fun and challenging hike
- Conquer the “Carrasqueira” rock climbing section with provided safety equipment
- Reach the summit of 844m of the grand coastal monolith
- Relax at the top, take some amazing pictures, and discover Rio’s history and diverse urban ecosystems
• Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.