- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Rio's strongest and most rewarding hike, with a short, exciting and perfectly safe rock climb!
Summit the largest granite mountain by the sea in the world, inside Tijuca Forest National Park!
The perfect hiking tour to get a thrill and the most amazing view in town!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (South Zone of Rio)
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Rio de Janeiro's South Zone hotels and accomodations. (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, Flamengo and others). Contact us if you are in another places in Rio.
Returns to original departure point
The Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Stone) tour is one of the most startling and rewarding of all hiking tours in Rio de Janeiro. The summit stands at 842m / 2763ft above sea level. The ascent takes around two and a half hours and, once close to the top, you will probably feel the butterflies. Despite a steep but short hand-climbing (15m / 49ft) there is nothing to fear in Pedra da Gávea hiking tour. It’s all perfectly safe and requires no experience. From up there, the view of Tijuca Forest and all the city is wonderful and we can see Rio's most famous landmarks. On our way down, we will do rappel on the section that we climb the rock. In case of bad weather, this tour may be replaced.
• Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.