- 5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Pico da Tijuca is the perfect adventure-hike in Tijuca Forest. Involving history, beauty and the inside of Tijuca Forest you'll visit the park museum and a waterfall.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Pico da Tijuca Guided Hike
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Any item not listed as included
- Transportation (if Group Hike - No Transportation option selected)
Praça Afonso Vizeu, 212 - Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20531-590, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro
Returns to original departure point
This is the perfect tour for those who want to experience the inside of Atlantic Rainforest in Rio de Janeiro, and the history of Tijuca Forest. This forest has been protected since the mid-nineteenth century, preserving a number of natural and historical treasures from the colonial times, which you'll admire during the tour.
With its 1,021m of altitude, Pico da Tijuca is the highest mountain in Tijuca Forest and it is located in the heart of the Tijuca National Park. The trail to the top is considered one of the most beautiful trails of Rio de Janeiro, starting at the park's entry gate and going through several trail sections before getting to the summit.
You will pass through the forest and get to visit the national park museum, a waterfall, the viewpoint of Tijuca Mirim peak and the legendary staircase carved into the rock, built in the early twentieth century for the visit of King Albert of Belgium, as well as Pico da Tijuca itself. Despite the altitude, the trail is not steep and provides some of the most spectacular views of the city of Rio de Janeiro. At the top of its 1021 meters, you can see the Pedra da Gávea, the Pedra Bonita, the Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer Statue and the other mountains of the Tijuca Forest and landmarks such as Guanabara Bay, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos Region.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A high amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended since this tour involved a moderate amount of walking
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.