- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience some of Rio de Janeiro’s stunning natural beauty on this hiking tour through the Tijuca Rainforest. Declared a national park in the ‘60s, Tijuca is home to Rio’s highest peak – Pico da Tijuca. Hike to this scenic spot with an experienced guide, learning about the rainforest as you go, and be rewarded with remarkable views of Rio and Guanabara Bay when you reach the top. It’s an active and educational way to spend a day in Rio!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Food and drinks
Tour departs from most hotels in the São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana areas of Rio
After pickup from your Rio-area hotel by minivan, head to the Tijuca Rainforest with your experienced guide to begin your hiking tour. Before you start, your guide will give you a brief overview of hiking tips and safety and then lead you to a beautiful waterfall that stands near the entrance of the park.
Make your way to the trailhead – Bom Retiro – and start hiking! Walk through the rainforest, learning about the ecosystem and its native plants and wildlife from your knowledgeable guide. The moderately difficult hike will last about 1.5 hours and will take you to Pico da Tijuca, Rio’s highest peak at 3,353 feet (1,022 meters). From this unparalleled vantage point, enjoy spectacular views of Rio, Guanabara Bay and city sights like the Maracanã and Engenhão stadiums.
Spend some time here to soak up the views and refuel with water and snacks (not provided – bring your own); then head back down to your hotel by car with your guide.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hiking duration is approximately 1.5 hours and is considered a moderate hike
- The tour is recommended for people over 12 years
- Please wear comfortable hiking or walking shoes and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and your own water and snacks to eat/drink during periodic breaks on your hike
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.