- 7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the secrets of São Paulo on a fun-filled tour with a local guide and experience many of the city’s top highlights in one day! We think sightseeing is even more fun when you can enjoy specially curated food stops along the way. This is definitely the most sensible (and entertaining!) way of orientating yourself in Brazil’s biggest metropolis and you’ll get some insider tips on where the locals go to eat and have fun that you won’t find in any guidebook!
• Discover the stories behind São Paulo’s most iconic sites such as the Sé Cathedral and the Copan building
• Enjoy spectacular views from the Santander tower and be amazed by São Paulo’s enormous size
• Check out the city’s epicentre of culture, Largo de São Bento
• Taste the deliciously diverse gastronomy of São Paulo
• Discover local food spots, retail shops, and a quiet oasis hidden amongst South America’s busiest neighbourhood
- Local, English-speaking guide
- 4 food stops (fruit platter, Brazilian fudge truffle, pastel de nata sweet treat, fried dough with seasoned chicken)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Subway fee
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Praça da República
Returns to original departure point
Your tour begins in Republic Square, home to three of the city’s most important buildings: the Esther building. We'll then head towards the beautiful Municipal Theatre of São Paulo, the Rock Gallery, the Anhangabaú Valley, which is full of hip street art and offers a different perspective on some of the best architecture in town. Next up, we’ll head to Viaduto do Chá (Chá Bridge), an energetic thoroughfare that’s crossed by thousands of people on a daily basis. It’s also close to another Sampa gem, the beautiful São Paulo City Hall. Our next stop is the impressive Sé Cathedral, built in the neo-Gothic style and proudly placed amongst the list of the world’s largest churches.
The Arantes Building and Santander Tower is next on our hit list, built in 1947; we'll take you all the way to the top where you can admire extraordinary 360-degree views of São Paulo. The stylish Martinelli Building is here we’ll head there next on our discovery tour. Then it’s on to Largo de São Bento, a magnet to visitors and locals.
Arguably saving the best till last, we’ll finish our discovery tour with a trip to the Municipal Market, also known as Mercadão.The proper foodie portion of your tour begins at Japan House. Next door, you can admire a beautiful mural of the famous architect Oscar Niemeyer by well-known Brazilian street artist Eduardo Kobra. As we walk we will try some delicious Brazilian and Portuguese desserts and popular local snacks as your guide takes you to his or her favourite places to eat in the city.
As we stroll around the avenue, we'll see different architectural styles and designs, such as French/1930's at the Casa das Rosas and modern examples like SESC Avenida Paulista. Here we will stop to learn about brigadeiro (a delicious Brazilian fudge truffle) as we admire the city vistas.
To feel and live like a typical local you absolutely HAVE to try our famous coxinha (fried dough filled with seasoned chicken) and sugar cane juice, which we will taste as we saunter around Paulista Avenue like the locals do!
We will explore another side to the city in Trianon Park. Next, we’ll head across Paulista Avenue to the stunning MASP museum, a landmark in modern Brazilian architecture boasting a carefully curated programme of events throughout the year. We'll keep mixing culture, food and architecture at our next stop — the Conjunto Nacional Complex - here we'll have the chance to try one of their delicious pastel de natas and indulge your taste buds a bit.
As we get to the other end of Paulista Avenue, we'll witness another impressive work of Eduardo Kobra, featuring the most famous Brazilian Formula 1 racing driver, Ayrton Senna. The Moreira Sales Institute we’ll make our final stop of the tour and enjoy a cup of coffee and another splendid view of Paulista Avenue, which you now know so well!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.