- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This experience connects the famous Pedra do Telégrafo with the unexplored Wild Beaches that rest below it. On this tour, you will discover a much calmer side of Rio, that will make you forget the busy city for a while and breathe freshly in nature.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal health insurance
- Bilingual guiding services
- Food and drinks, extra costs
- Tips for guides (10-20% of trip cost is typical)
Traveler pickup is offered
Our pick up happen in Rio's Western, South and Central Areas. An extra fee will be charged for pick ups in different areas.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Estadual Da Pedra Branca, Nucleo PaudaFome Estrada Do PaudaFome, n 4003 Jacarepagua, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22723-490 Brazil
During this journey, we will first visit the summit of Guaratiba Hill and the renowned hanging anvil-shaped stone (Pedra do Telégrafo), where we can take some photos that will freak out your friends (we promise, it's totally safe). It takes around 40 minutes on an easy trail to reach this viewpoint (350 meters / 1150 feet high), which provides us with a sight of the mountainous coastline of the city and the vast surrounding ocean.
The path down to the beach is a 30 minutes relaxed hike in the fresh Atlantic tropical forest which takes us to the sand of the beach that will be explored in this tour: Praia do Perigoso (which means "Dangerous's Beach", the only danger is to stay there forever!). This is the time to cool off and relax. An option is to hike the beautiful Pedra da Tartaruga (Turtle Rock) that is right next to the beach.
After that, we will hike back around 1 hour trough the trail we came in to get back to the car. Then, we will drive through Rio's coast until the drop off point.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.