- 6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The Rio Fresh Combo tour connects the famous Pedra do Telégrafo with the unexplored Wild Beaches that rest below it. On this tour, you will discover a much calmer side of Rio, that will make you forget the busy city for a while and breathe freshly in nature.
During this journey, we will first visit the summit of Guaratiba Hill and the renowned hanging anvil-shaped stone, where we can take some photos that will freak out your parents (we promise, it's totally safe). This viewpoint (350m high) provides us with a sight of the mountainous coastline of the city and the vast surrounding ocean.
The path down to the beach is a relaxed hike in the fresh Atlantic tropical forest which takes us to the sand of the first of three beaches that will be explored in this tour. This is the time to cool off and relax. Our trail will then follow the sea, passing through rock scrambles and dirt paths until reaching our starting point at Barra de Guaratiba (Rio's picturesque fishing neighborhood).
- Private transportation
- Personal Accident insurance
- Multilingual guiding services
- Food and drinks, extra costs
Traveler pickup is offered
Our pick up happen in Rio's Western, South and Central Areas. An extra fee will be charged for pick ups in different areas.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Estadual Da Pedra Branca, Nucleo PaudaFome Estrada Do PaudaFome, n 4003 Jacarepagua, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22723-490 Brazil
- Pick up at hotel or location in Rio's Central, South and Western Areas
- Drive along the coast line until the picturesque Barra de Guaratiba Neighbourhood
- Enter Pedra Branca State Park
- 40 minute trail to reach the Pedra do Telégrafo
- Hike down through the forest to access Praia do Inferno (which means "Hell's Beach", but if that's Hell I'm signing up!)
- From there we follow a coastal trail walking along the Praia do Meio and Praia do Perigoso.
- Depending on the time there is an option of hiking to the top of Pedra da Tartaruga (Turtle Rock) for another birds eye view.
- Easy Hike back to Barra de Guaratiba to grab the car
- Return to pick up location.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our guide was great. He was attentive to our needs, especially my spouse's needed to rest while trekking the 40 minute hike. Because of the mechanical issues encountered with the transportation, we were not able to experience the latter half of the tour which was supposed to include the visit to the wild beaches.