- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Burle Marx, the multiple artist, was a collector of plants and objects of art and design, among which Brazilian folk art stands out, displayed on the site where one can visit the seventeenth-century church restored by him. The visit to the Burle Marx Site is a highly inspiring and rare opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of nature preservation as we observe one of the most important collections of tropical plants in the world. After the visit to the site, we will continue to Pedra de Guaratiba and its lush beaches. In an attempt to dominate Rio de Janeiro in the XVI century, the French chose this place to setlle down and follow by land towards the shores of Guanabara Bay. Pedra de Guaratiba keeps many stories to tell its visitors. Following the beaches of Grumari, Prainha, Macumba, Recreio, Barra da Tijuca, São Conrado, Leblon and Ipanema.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Sitio Roberto Burle Marx
Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-000, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.
The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.
Rio de Janeiro Port
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
"Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday".
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sitio Roberto Burle Marx, Estrada De Guaratiba 2019 Barra De Guaratiba, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 23020-240 Brazil
• Observe a true genetic bank of important species from the Atlantic Forest, Cerrado and Amazon biomes, among other tropical regions.
• See how Burle Marx discovered the potential of tropical flora in the application of modern landscaping, breaking with traditional European styles.
• Visit Barra de Guaratiba and its lush beaches.
• Know the potential of an artist who projects the gardens of UNESCO headquarters, Parque do Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro and Copacabana boardwalk.
• Visit the collection of plants and objects of art and design and visit the seventeenth-century church restored by him.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.