- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit the Museum of Tomorrow, whose content invites us to reflect on the future of our planet, get to know the Cultural Center of the Bank of Brazil and enjoy the panoramic view from the terrace of the Museum of Art of Rio, the School of the Vision.
• Come and visit the new center of cultural effervescence with the presence of two museums: Museum of Tomorrow and Rio Art Museum.
• Join this tour with the purpose of visiting the Museum of Tomorrow but which takes us to know the CCBB and MAR, as well.
• Know the most recent work of the architect Santiago Calatrava, dedicated to exploring, thinking and projecting the future of our Planet.
• Take a “selfie” close to the Puffed Star created by the American sculptor Frank Stella, in the mirror of water between the museum and the Guanabara Bay.
• Know the Cultural Center of Banco do Brasil, the Museum of Tomorrow, and the Art Museum of Rio de Janeiro in a single tour.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.
The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.
Rio de Janeiro Port
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This tour starts with a quick visit to the Cultural Center of Bank of Brazil, known as CCBB, a neoclassical lines building, and being one of the most visited cultural institutions in Brazil and the world. We will continue towards the Mauá Square that became a center of cultural effervescence with the presence of two museums separated by the VLT, the modern means of transport. On one side is the Rio Art Museum, known as MAR, which proposes to be a school museum within the concept of the School of the Vision. As we look towards the MAR, we will see two buildings and a structure representing a wave that covers a former palace and a modernist building that houses the School of the Vision. MAR intends to integrate art, history, and education through the School of the Vision.
On the other side is the Museum of Tomorrow that invites us to explore, think and project the future with its content proposal focused on the sustainability of the planet. Just as the Sunflower follows the movement of the sun to extract the maximum energy, the approximately 5,000 solar panels, in the form of pimples, follow the flow of the Sun to generate energy that feeds the Museum.
In this way, the two museums complement each other, since the Museum of Tomorrow, the work of the architect Santiago Calatrava, is dedicated to exploring, thinking and projecting the future of our Planet. One of the most coveted spots for “selfie” lovers is the 20-pointed star (Puffed Star) created by the American sculptor Frank Stella. It stands in the mirror of water between the museum and Guanabara Bay.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.