- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Be picked up from your hotel and go to directly to station and get on board the train to Morretes City. Travel through the centenary railway, built in the nineteenth century. Take a historic train trip on the Paranaguá-Curitiba Railway, which had its inaugural trip made by Princess Isabel in 1884. The railway has more than 41 bridges, hundreds of pontoons, 13 tunnels and viaducts of great importance, such as Ponte São João and Viaduto do Carvalho among mountains and impressive valleys, adorned by rivers and waterfalls.Visit the historical side of the city see its colonial houses, craft market and churches, and have a delightful lunch.There will be plenty of time to enjoy the local culture on this 9-hour tour.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Round trip transfer to most hotels in Curitiba
- Professional multilingual tour guide
- Snacks - Service on Board (snack and soft drink or bottled water included)
- Lunch - Taste a Barreado (Traditional dish of Paraná).
- City tour in Morretes and Antonina
- Visit to the Hisgeopar Park
- Beverages and dessert
- Optional Gratuities
Hotel pick up
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Hotel drop off
The tour leaves Curitiba hotels around 7:00am by bus and heads to the train station to get on board the train to Morretes city. Travel through the centenary railway, inside the ecological reserve of Serra do Mar, in all its charm. In the charming city of Morretes, you'll visit the historical side of the city with its colonial houses, craft Market and churches. Following, you'll stop for lunch at the Nhundiaquara river banks to taste a Barreado (Traditional dish of Paraná). It consists of several cuts of beef slowly cooked over 12 hours on a clay pan. Manioc flour added with water is used to seal the pan, preventing steam from coming out. Once done the meat just falls apart. Served over rice and with sliced bananas, oranges and manioc flour. On the side, a Breaded Fish is also served. Simply irresistible.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- You will have a multilingual guide who speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese. (Customers must state their preferred language in the Special Requirements field.)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Return is on bus by road on Estrada da Graciosa , expected to arrive in Curitiba at 4:30 p.m. * For your safety, in case of adverse weather conditions, the return will be made by the BR-277 road.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.