- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the secrets of São Paulo on a fun-filled sightseeing tour with a local guide and see all the city’s top highlights in one morning. This is definitely the most sensible (and entertaining!) way of orientating yourself in Brazil’s biggest metropolis and you’ll get some insider tips on where the locals go to eat and have fun that you won’t find in any guidebook!
- Local, English-speaking guid
- Fruit tasting
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Praça da República, 81
Returns to original departure point
Your tour begins in Republic Square, home to three of the city’s most important buildings; the Esther building, the elegant Italy building (Circolo Italiano) — the second tallest building in the city — and the Copan building. The latter features on many postcards of Sao Paulo over the years, and was designed by the famous Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer.
We'll then head towards the beautiful Municipal Theater of São Paulo, a place full of culture and history, followed by one of the city’s most popular alternative spaces: the Rock Gallery. Full of alternative shops and tattoo studios, this is rock ‘n’ roll heaven!
After rocking 'n’ rolling, we'll head down to the Anhangabaú Valley, which is full of hip street art and offers a different perspective on some of the best architecture in town.
Next up, we’ll head to Viaduto do Chá (Chá Bridge), an energetic thoroughfare that’s crossed by thousands of people on a daily basis. It’s also close to another Sampa gem, the beautiful São Paulo City Hall, which boasts a huge garden on the terrace.
And it just keeps getting better… Our next stop is the impressive Sé Cathedral, built in the neo-Gothic style and proudly placed amongst the list of the world’s largest churches.
The Arantes Building and Santander Tower is next on our hit list, built in 1947. We'll take you all the way to the top where you can admire extraordinary 360-degree views of São Paulo.
The stylish Martinelli Building, similar to the old-school skyscrapers of the United States, was once considered to be the tallest building in the world outside the US. We’ll head there next on our discovery tour.
Then it’s on to Largo de São Bento, a magnet to visitors and locals, that is best described as an urban space with some 80,000 people circulating around its attractions every day.
You will feel the contrasts of São Paulo by taking a stroll through its marvellous open-air mall, a place full of surprises where you will see locals going about their daily lives and where the São Paulo ‘vibe’ is strong.
Arguably saving the best till last, we’ll finish our discovery tour with a trip to the Municipal Market, also known as Mercadão. Here you'll smell the aromas and hear the sounds of a vibrant marketplace full of tropical fruits and tempting local delicacies!
Your tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to tap up your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in seductive São Paulo. If you fancy seeing more of the city with us, you could always join us for our Paulista Avenue Sites & Bites tour, which starts at 13:30.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.