- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
While visiting Iguassu Falls National Park, take the chance to explore the Itaipu Dam, the largest operational hydroelectric power plant in the world. Visit this stunning piece of modern architecture and learn about its construction, its environment impact and its importance to the people of Brazil and Paraguay. The shear size of the Itaipu Dam will be sure to leave you speechless!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in most downtown hotels in Foz do Iguaçu or Puerto Iguazu
- Entrance fee to Itaipu Dam Panoramic Tour (BRL 42)
- Food and Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Itaipu Dam
Traveler pickup is offered
* Please verify your hotel address and pick up time before confirming your purchase.
* When confirming your reservation, please provide the same holder name as provided in your hotel reservation, if possible
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Itaipu Dam, Avenida Tancredo Neves 6702, Foz do Iguacu, State of Parana 85856-970 Brazil
Built on the Paraná River near the border between Brazil and Paraguay, the Itaipu Dam is the largest operational hydroelectric power plant in the world. On this panoramic sightseeing tour from Foz do Iguaçu, you’ll tour this engineering marvel, which generates a power of 12,600 megawatts, approximately 25% of the electricity consumed by Brazil and 95% of the energy consumed by Paraguay.
Your guided sightseeing tour gives you an up-close view of the Itaipu Dam and offers you the chance to take some great photos! Your knowledgeable guide will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
On this tour you will do the Panoramic Tour. As the ticket is not included, you will pay for it on the spot.:
* The Panoramic tour : Watch a documentary film on the power plant. See the dam and spillway from the central observation deck (without entering the facility).
The grandeur of a plant built between two countries, when revealed in numbers, is surprising: the Itaipu dam is 7,919 meters long and 196 meters high. But when viewed from close up and from various angles in a tour around the Itaipu Panoramic, it impresses even more and guarantees a unique and striking experience. In addition to the privileged view of the spillway at the top of the dam, the path still allows contact with nature and beautiful landscapes within the Itaipu Tourist Complex.
* The Technical tour cannot be done in this tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please check if you require a Visa or a similar document to enter Brazil. You are responsible for obtaining these documents.
- It is necessary to bring along your passport and pay close attention to visa restrictions.
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Panoramic Tour to Itaipu Dam entrance Fee - BRL 42.00. Brazilians with age between 6 and 11 years and older than 60 years pay half price.
- As the ticket is not included, you will pay for it on the spot.
- You will only be able to do the Panoramic Tour. It will not be possible to do the Technical Tour (Itaipu Special).
- If you are being picked up in Puerto Iguazu to cross to Brazil, you will need to pay a fee of $20,00 pesos for an Eco touristic tax in Puerto Iguazu.
- Please make sure to keep your receipt in order to avoid being charged twice
- Prices above are aproximated and subject to change without notice
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.