- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This Tijuca Forest rappel and hiking tour includes a specialist guide, climbing certified equipment, a visit to Tijuca National Park museum, hiking to Bico do Papagaio through trails in the forest and a shower in Almas waterfall. It is an unforgettable experience.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected)(selected hotels only)
- Any item not listed as included
Praça Afonso Vizeu, 212 - Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20531-590, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in the tourist area of Rio de Janeiro (Transportation is not included "Hiking and Rappel, Group Tour" option.)
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Hike to Bico do Papagaio in Tijuca National Park and marvel at magnificent views of Rio de Janeiro from above. Follow an informative guide on a nature trail in the Tijuca Forest during this full-day tour. Splash under the Cachoeira das Almas (Waterfall of the Souls) and visit the Tijuca National Park Museum.
The tour starts at the Tijuca National Park entrance gate, you will get to the top of Bico do Papagaio stone, at over 3200 feet (989 m) above sea level, taking you into an easy hiking until you reach the base of the mountain. This is where, you will enjoy an exciting ascent during the last 20 minutes of the hike. It will be steep and rugged, with roots and rocks. From the summit, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery, seeing Pedra da Gávea, Pedra Bonita, Pico da Tijuca, Barra da Tijuca beach and Recreio beach.
• Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 14 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.