- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This Tijuca Forest rappel and hiking tour includes a specialist guide, climbing certified equipment, a visit to Tijuca National Park museum, hiking to Bico do Papagaio through trails in the forest and a shower in Almas waterfall. It is an unforgettable experience.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected)(selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Bico do Papagaio
- Any item not listed as included
Praça Afonso Vizeu, 212
Traveler pickup is offered
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Hike to Bico do Papagaio in Tijuca National Park and marvel at magnificent views of Rio de Janeiro from above. Follow an informative guide on a nature trail in the Tijuca Forest during this full-day tour. Splash under the Cachoeira das Almas (Waterfall of the Souls) and visit the Tijuca National Park Museum.
The tour starts at the Tijuca National Park entrance gate, you will get to the top of Bico do Papagaio stone, at over 3200 feet (989 m) above sea level, taking you into an easy hiking until you reach the base of the mountain. This is where, you will enjoy an exciting ascent during the last 20 minutes of the hike. It will be steep and rugged, with roots and rocks. From the summit, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery, seeing Pedra da Gávea, Pedra Bonita, Pico da Tijuca, Barra da Tijuca beach and Recreio beach.
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
You will hike several trails containing forest history records. After visiting the Taunay Waterfall to take some pictures.
Duration: 5 minutes
Location: Cascatinha Taunay, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
In the visitor center you can learn a little history of the park, Tijuca Forest is one of the largest urban green areas in the world. It has 3,972 hectares and it is located in the Tijuca National Park. Much of its vegetation is secondary, due to the reforestation to replace the coffee farms.
Duration: 20 minutes
Location: Tijuca National Park
After visiting the Taunay Waterfall and the Tijuca National Park Visitor Center, you will take the way toward the Cachoeira das Almas (Waterfall of the Souls) where you can bathe. This beautiful waterfall is formed by the River of Souls, which was named because of the slaves who used to promote cults of their religions on this place, due to its privacy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Cachoeira das Almas, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The rappel (abseiling) activity is done at the summit of Bico do Papagaio, which is the second highest mountain in the park. With 989 meters in altitude, you will enjoy a thrilling experience. This is a 20 meter vertical rappel, with the immensity of the Tijuca Forest right behind you.
Duration: 40 minutes
Location: Bico do Papagaio
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 14 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.