- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Pedra Bonita hiking tour requires light physical effort and takes you to the summit, which is a natural viewpoint with one of the most spectacular views of the city of Rio de Janeiro.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Private hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Any item not listed as included
- Transportation not included in regular tour option
Estrada da Canoa, 4000 - São Conrado, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20535, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro. If our operation does not support your pickup location, we will redirect you to the closer available pickup location.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra Bonita, Estrada da Cascatinha Tijuca National Park, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
Your tour begins at Tijuca National Park where you will hike to the Pedra Bonita summit, which is a natural viewpoint at over 2200 feet (693 m) above sea level and located in the sector C of the Park.
During the tour, your guide will take you for a hike on the Agulhinha Gavea trail, a natural counterfort, or buttress, with a beautiful view of the Dois Irmaos Hill then head to Pedra Bonita. Once you reach the top of Pedra Bonita, you can admire beautiful scenery. You can see Pedra da Gávea in all its magnificence, between the beaches of Barra da Tijuca and São Conrado. This, combined with the immensity of the Tijuca Forest in the background, makes the perfect view and place for peace and beauty.
Due to its location, Pedra Bonita region has the only gliding ramp in the city of Rio de Janeiro from where you can hang glide or paraglide. The gliding ramp has a grandstand so you can actually watch the takeoffs and take great pictures.
The hike's total duration is about 4 hours and it is the perfect adventure for those who want to hike through the forest and be dazzled by one of the most beautiful views in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Have in mind that if you choose regular option, the meeting point is at the grandstand of the gliding flights take off ramp because it is the only place in the region with mobile phone service. To reach the ramp, you'll have to go up to the second parking lot and take the stairs on your left, where you'll find the ramp area.
Meeting point (if regular tour option selected) : At the entrance of the sector C of the park accessed at Estrada das Canoas next to number 4000 in São Conrado neighborhood.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.