- 240 to 270 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Spin your wheels and come cycle through the ‘cycles’ of Rio! Hop on a bike and learn how Rio has developed over the years, and how its downtown and surrounding
bairros have changed with the times. Breathe in the sea air of Guanabara Bay, check out Flamengo Park, snap a shot of Sugarloaf Mountain, and find out how the city shifted from its first settlements through to today.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Professional Tour Guide
- Bike and Equipment (helmet)
- Safety Orientation
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
In front of Copacabana Palace Hotel (near the Ibrahim Sued statue)
Returns to original departure point
Monday thru Saturday
Relive the cycles of Rio’s development on this bike journey through the city! (And get some exercise in, too — this bike ride will burn some 2,500 calories, so have a proper breakfast before you come!)
You’ll meet your local guide in Copacabana for a fantastic bike tour along the beach and the bays, all the way downtown and back — and as you ride, you’ll come to understand how the city expanded from its first settlements to the Rio of today.
We’ll start our Rio bike tour with a trip around Copacabana, home to one of the most famous beaches in the world, and on to the neighbourhood of Botafogo. This district has a few noteworthy sites, but it’s perhaps best known as the spot where you can capture that perfectly framed photo of Sugarloaf Mountain. It’s a stunning view of this unique mountain rising right up from the bay, and one of the most iconic images of Brazil.
Moving on, you’ll ride up along the coast of Flamengo Beach and Park. A jewel created by Burle Marx, a master of landscape design, this area is pure joy and is always filled with locals just hanging out. The bike lane zigzags under the trees here, allowing you to enjoy views of both the city and the bay as we ride.
This route will then lead us straight downtown and right past the Museum of Modern Art (or MAM, as locals call it) and across Cinelandia Square. In the early 20th century, the square became home for much of Rio’s political and cultural life, and many of the buildings symbolised the city’s modernisation. From there, we’ll ride along Avenida Rio Branco, once the busiest street in Rio, and which was recently redesigned for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
We’ll head from the downtown area through Praça XV Square, to reach a new path surrounding the neighborhood, eventually reaching the Museum of Tomorrow at Praça Mauá Square. This is another great spot for snapping a few photos, with the huge Niteroi Bridge showcased in the background.
From there, we’ll ride along Olympic Boulevard, where you’ll see the stunning work by artist Eduardo Kobra. His work here is an extremely colourful graffiti mural, some 2,600 square metres in size and representing the people of each continent.
Finally, we’ll cycle back to where we started at Copacabana, finishing our historic ride through Rio’s past, present, and future.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Maximum of 12 people per group/tour
- We recommend that you wear light clothes and walking shoes. If you want you can also bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen and a cap or hat and money for any extras that you might want
- The tour date might change depending on weather conditions and other variables
- No entrances included. The attractions will be seen from outside only
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A safety orientation for this tour will be provided before it starts at the meeting point
- Biking experience needed for this tour: medium
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.