- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The very best Walking Tour in Rio de Janeiro takes you to a fun and informative walk tour about the African’s Heritage and Dock’s Tour
In this 4 hours you can experience a lot of culture on this incredible Tour!
- Pickup and drop-off from designated areas
- Professional / Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Tickets for public transportation (Subway/ Metro)
Pick up from your hotel at the south zone (zona sul), Downtown, SDU (Santos Dumont Airport), or Seaport.
10 am from Monday to Friday If you prefer any other time we also can provide you a tour.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Back to the hotel at zona sul or Downtown, Santos Dumont Airport SDU or Seaport.
The guide will pick you up at 10 am at your hotel at Downtown and South Zone* (Zona Sul). Then we will use public transportation to the The very first Tour through the renewed area of the Docks of Rio de Janeiro.
An exploring Tour, where the past, present and future of The Wonderful City are told and discovered.
The behind the scenes view of the first slave ships to dock Rio. Places like, Pedra do Sal (Salt Stone) the History of the Samba, the greatest graffiti in the world from kobra, the Art Museum, and the new Museum of Tomorrow (no visit) Discover a new Rio de Janeiro!
Join us in this time adventure and visit these following places:
• Praça Mauá (the main square of the Dock´s area)
• Olimpic Boulevar (where there is the greatest graffitti in the world, by Eduardo Kobra)
• Valongo Wharf (archaeological site to the Unesco World Heritage Site in 2017)
• Hanging Gardens of Valongo (a park made by man and recovered directly from the 19th century )
• Conceição Hill (one of the firsts settlements of the city)
• Pedra do Sal (where the Samba music genre begins)
• Largo da Prainha (local of historical houses)
• Pethouse of the MAR Museum (what a nice view!)
• Monastery of St. Benedict (constructed in 1633)
Our tour is all by foot about 4 hours, at the end of the tour, if you want, you can choose the restaurant of your choice (on your expenses). And we will finish back on your hotel.
* South Zone neighborhood: Leblon, Ipanema, Arpoador, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Flamengo, Largo do Machado, Catete e Glória
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes – you will walk approximately 2.5 km (1.5 miles);
- Wear light clothes;
- Don’t forget your sunblock! Brazil is a tropical country and during the summer we can hit 40°C (104°F) easily!
- Remember to bring your water;
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- avoid wearing jewelleries
- Not necessary to bring your original passport. A copy will do.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.