- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit Tijuca Forest Park main sector and hike by the old bridge Job de Alcântara built in 1860 (used in the movie Hulk), Mayrink Chapel (buil in 1850) and the Visitor´s Center. Our guides will take you to hike on an easy ascending trail in the tropical rainforest where you'll experience the nature of the jungle reaching the Cascatinha Summit (1722ft=525m) with an amazing view to the valley and the highest mountains. After the hike, you'll be rewarded with a refreshing dip in a river*. The tour also includes visitng the Chinese View summit (Vista Chinesa), probaby the most famous summit in Rio, with a great view to Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf compsing mountains and beaches of Rio.
*Swim in the river is optional. The flow and deepness can cary according to the intensity of the rains on the season.
- Taunay Waterfall
- Vista Chinesa
- HIke to Cascatinha Summit
- Swim in a river after the hike
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points (South Rio only)
- Walking tour (some fitness required)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up/drop off OUT of the designated areas
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included ONLY from designated hotels in the South Rio (more than 100 options). Please inform your hotel /address when booking and we'll confirm if pickup is possible right at your place otherwise we'll suggest the closest option possible as a meeting point.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Participate in a guided hike enjoying and visiting many nature spots.
Duration: 5 hours
Location: Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Hike and visit many different spots.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Visit the waterfall and take pictures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Cascatinha Taunay, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Visit the chapel and see it from the outside (is not allowed to go inside).
Duration: 10 minutes
Location: Capela Mayrink, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Visit to enjoy the view and stop for pictures.
Duration: 10 minutes
Location: Vista Chinesa, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some fitness required. About 2h of hike - easy trail but going up and down on rough terrain. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 4,5km (2.8miles) (up and down rough terrain), 2h, elev. gain 313m=1026ft.
- Passport name, number and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to rainy weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not recommended for child under 5 and they must be accompanied.
- Maximum of 10 participants on the tour
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.