- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit Tijuca Forest Park main sector and hike by the old bridge Job de Alcântara built in 1860 (used in the movie Hulk), Mayrink Chapel (buil in 1850) and the Visitor´s Center. Our guides will take you to hike on an easy ascending trail in the tropical rainforest where you'll experience the nature of the jungle reaching the Cascatinha Summit (1722ft=525m) with an amazing view to the valley and the highest mountains. After the hike, you'll be rewarded with a refreshing dip in a river*. The tour also includes visitng the Chinese View summit (Vista Chinesa), probaby the most famous summit in Rio, with a great view to Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf compsing mountains and beaches of Rio.
*Swim in the river is optional. The flow and deepness can cary according to the intensity of the rains on the season.
- Taunay Waterfall
- Vista Chinesa
- HIke to Cascatinha Summit
- Swim in a river after the hike
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points (South Rio only)
- Walking tour (some fitness required)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up/drop off OUT of the designated areas
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included ONLY from designated hotels in the South Rio (more than 100 options). Please inform your hotel /address when booking and we'll confirm if pickup is possible right at your place otherwise we'll suggest the closest option possible as a meeting point.
Participate in a guided hike enjoying and visiting many nature spots in the Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the largest urban rainforest in the world.
• Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-010 Brazil
• Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Cascatinha Taunay, Estrada Floresta da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-510 Brazil
• Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
• Mirante das canoas, Estrada das Canoas, km 3 Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some fitness required. About 2h of hike - easy trail but going up and down on rough terrain. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 4,5km (2.8miles) (up and down rough terrain), 2h, elev. gain 313m=1026ft.
- Passport name, number and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to rainy weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not recommended for child under 5 and they must be accompanied.
- Maximum of 10 participants on the tour
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.