- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Who has never heard of the famous "shopping in Paraguay", especially during the 80's and 90's? Today the local reality is different, but shopping in Ciudad del Este (Paraguay) remains as exciting as ever. With hundreds of stores, thousands of products and many buyers that cross the Bridge of Friendship every day.
Like other traditional Foz do Iguaçu tours, such as the Iguaçu Falls and the Itaipu Power Plant , shopping in Ciudad del Este is also great, with specialty shopping malls ranging from clothes, perfumes and toys, to electronics and products of computers, and prices below those practiced in Brazil (most of the time). Shopping in Paraguay is an experience that is part of visiting Foz do Iguaçu.
- Tourist guide
- Food and drinks
From Foz do Iguaçu Hotels
When planning your trip, it is interesting to know that there are websites that provide information and store contacts, for a previous research of information, but remember that prices change according to the market conditions and the dollar price. The important thing is to have patience, and accompany your travel agent or tour guide, who can tell you how to enjoy the tour better, and indicate reliable stores.
Access to Ciudad del Este takes place via the International Friendship Bridge, which crosses the Paraná River, and can be crossed by foot, by car, by taxi, by tourist transportation or by public transport. The main stores are concentrated in the nearby streets, just after the Customs of Paraguay, and are more easily accessed with a walk.
Most companies accept payments in Real and Dollar, noting that prices are usually calculated by the price of Paraguay. The return takes place again by the Bridge of Friendship, arriving at the Customs of Brazil, where purchases should be regularized.
For your tour to be as good as possible, here are some key tips to get the most out of your Paraguay shopping: - The documentation is a must: read the Remarks field of this product carefully to make sure that your documents do not block your participation. - Share: the purchase limit is U$ 300, this amount is personal and non-transferable. If you pass you will be fined by the IRS. - Currency: your purchases will be made in dollars, be sure to consult the listing of the day before leaving. - Attention before and after: before leaving, make a list with the products so as not to lose concentration (time passes quickly). After choosing your products, do not forget to check everything before leaving the store and request the guarantee voucher!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Departures every day from 7:30 am in the center of Foz do Iguaçu.
- DOCUMENTATION: all passengers must bring the original RG document and / or passport. It must be in good condition and expired (not sent more than 10 years). Functional documents such as professional portfolios (OAB, CRM, military, etc.) and the national driving license (CNH) are not accepted.
- MINORS OF 18 YEARS: must be accompanied by parents. In the absence of one of these it is necessary to have a document of judicial authorization. Copies of documents are not accepted, even if they are authenticated!
- This service does NOT look for or leads to residences. If you do not stay in a hotel or hostel, the meeting point should be a hotel closer to the residence
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.