- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The very best Walking Tour in Rio de Janeiro takes you to a fun and informative walk tour telling the stories of the neighborhood PR of Rio. We will unveil the history of the famous home of Copacabana beach.
In this 2 hours you can experience a lot of culture on this incredible Tour!
- Pickup and drop-off from designated areas
- Professional / Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Tickets for public transportation (Subway/ Metro)
Pick up from your hotel at the south zone (zona sul), Downtown, SDU (Santos Dumont Airport), or Seaport.
10 am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays If you prefer any other time we also can provide you a tour.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Back to the hotel at zona sul or Downtown, Santos Dumont Airport SDU or Seaport.
The guide will pick you up at 10 am at your hotel at Downtown and South Zone* (Zona Sul). Then we will use public transportation to begin the tour trought the history of Copacabana, its urbanization and verticalization, art deco architecture, Beco da Fome and the birth of Bossa Nova.
Join us in this time adventure and visit these following places:
• Cardeal Arcoverde Square (in front of the Leme Sloppe, the first access to Copacabana)
• Copacabana Palace (the famous and luxury hotel from Copa)
• Copacabana Beach (the eternal "Little Princess", the curiosities and tales about it)
• Leme neighborhood (the statue from Pricess Isabel, who free the slaves)
• Beco da Fome (where the poor artists used to go to eat)
• Praça do Lido (the art Deco buildings)
• Bottle Alley (where the Bossa Nova Music Style where born)
• Carvalho de Mendonça St. (the story behind the most famous forbiden gambling game from Rio)
Our tour is all by foot about 2 hours, at the end of the tour, if you want, you can choose the restaurant of your choice (on your expenses). And we will finish back on your hotel.
* South Zone neighborhood: Leblon, Ipanema, Arpoador, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Flamengo, Largo do Machado, Catete e Glória
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes – you will walk approximately 2.5 km (1.5 miles);
- Wear light clothes;
- Don’t forget your sunblock! Brazil is a tropical country and during the summer we can hit 40°C (104°F) easily!
- Remember to bring your water;
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- avoid wearing jewelleries
- Not necessary to bring your original passport. A copy will do.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.